Would you like a career in science & technology without having to get a college degree? Edge Embossing has an opportunity for you. We research and manufacture plastic components of medical devices for cool stuff like DNA sequencing and early detection of cancer & other diseases. We're looking to add a full-time permanent person to join our team to help us keep our customers working towards solving various healthcare issues. Your job responsibilities would include the actual production of plastic parts using our equipment, inspection of those parts to ensure they meet quality standards, packaging those parts to ship to our customers, and lots of other things. You would be an essential part of a diverse team, frequently interacting with coworkers as we work together to perform for our customers.
We have a diverse team at Edge, and while we take our work and our commitments very seriously, we have a lot of fun while doing it. We place a heavy emphasis on pushing the company towards its goals while simultaneously giving each employee the experience and encouragement they want to keep developing their own careers.
The person we hire can expect to:
- Receive complete on-the-job training--no prior manufacturing/science/engineering experience necessary!
- Be responsible for operating our equipment to make plastic parts
- Inspect and package those parts, including using our microscopes and digital cameras to assess detailed microscopic structures
- Participate in weekly team meetings, report on progress, learn more about the programs and the company
- Get exposure to lots of science and engineering, and develop knowledge to keep moving in a technical career
- Over time, get trained on additional equipment and processes, such as CNC machining for trimming plastic parts
- Have a great set of teammates, and have a lot of fun!
Good candidates will:
- Want to be a great part of a great team
- Have good hands and attention to detail
- Never want to stop learning
- Demonstrate a commitment to honesty & quality
This is a full-time position with potential for growth and promotion based on performance and company need, and is located in our Billerica MA facility. The position includes a full range of benefits, including paid vacation and access to health insurance and 401k plans. All employees are incentivized with Edge Embossing stock options grants.
Individuals seeking employment at Edge Embossing are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We value a diverse team and we encourage anyone who is interested in our technology to apply.
If you'd like to apply, please follow the Survey Monkey link below to fill out a survey that goes directly to me, Andy, the CEO of Edge Embossing. If I think there's potential for a good fit, I'll get in touch to set up a time to talk.