Innovation Product Specialist at InterSystems
As a key member of the HealthShare team, the Product Innovation Software Developer will be responsible for leading innovation projects in design, development, and implementation. Given rapidly changing trends in healthcare, the product innovation team requires creative and critical thinking, an entrepreneurial spirit, and rapid validation to explore future product growth areas for the company. This position will lead a variety of innovation projects ensuring that all goals are in alignment with current software architectural principles, clinical informatics principles, and the overall strategic plan of InterSystems. Particular focus will be in the areas of Machine Learning, life science clinical trials, Natural Language Processing, and Artificial Intelligence. The Product Innovation Software Developer will work in cross-functional project teams that could include members of product management, application development, market strategy, and customer account management. An important aspect of the role is the ability to define project details related to market, product and software requirements. The Product Innovation Software Developer will engage innovation partners around the world in the context of specific projects. This position is under the direction of the HealthShare Physician Executive for Product Innovation.
For relevant projects:
- Build informatics expertise in the area of Natural Language Processing, life science clinical trials, and Artificial Intelligence
- Engage global innovation partners such as hospitals and innovation centers to define and execute projects that includes oversea travels
- Learn global healthcare systems and apply advanced technologies to solve specific problems through innovation projects
- Perform project management activities through interaction with cross functional teams
- Define and develop prototypes and artifacts that demonstrate advanced concepts for further validation
- Develop requirements and specifications including written descriptions of functionality, and mock-ups of screen designs
- Work with internal or external development/product management resources to complete the planned innovation product development
- Work with internal or external deployment resources to complete the planned innovation product deployment projects
- Conduct scientific evaluation of the innovation project to inform product management and planning
- Represent InterSystems at national/global organizations that set trends (e.g., trade and standards organizations) in the areas of Natural Language Processing, clinical trials, and Artificial Intelligence
- Work with domain experts at selected InterSystems customers in the areas of Natural Language Processing, clinical trials, and Artificial Intelligence
- Participate in the innovation planning at InterSystems
- Participate in medical informatics activities including research and building domain expertise
- 3-5 years software development experience in at least one of the following: AI, Machine Learning, Clinical Trials, or NLP
- Project management experience
- Experience with clinical application development and implementation
- Clinical experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.