Head of Product Management
At Chewy, our mission is to become the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents everywhere. Launched in 2011, we offer the personalized services of a neighborhood pet store alongside the convenience and speed of e-commerce. Customers love shopping our wide selection of more than 45,000 items as we offer competitive prices, fast 1-2-day deliveries, and around-the-clock convenience that only e-commerce can offer.
In eight years, Chewy.com has exceeded all expectations upon entering the online pet market; a market valued at more than $70 billion. Chewy has seen remarkable growth and in 2018 reported $3.35B in revenue. Last year, Chewy trailblazed into the Healthcare market and has been a great success. Product innovation has been pivotal to the growth of Chewy at this stage. Our teams are constantly striving to find new ways to improve our customer’s experiences. With an easy to navigate website and highly rated mobile apps, as well as, a detailed order tracking and personalized “Pet Profile” features, Chewy is aiming to revolutionize the way pet parents shop.
As Head of Product Management, you will have full end-to-end ownership of your respective product as well as lead a team of passionate PMs at various levels. Our Product team is very diverse and operates in a de-centralized manner. Teams across E-commerce, Healthcare, Private Brands, Supply Chain, Merchandising, and New Verticals work together to provide a superior customer experience across all channels. Product innovation has been pivotal to the growth of Chewy at this stage. Our teams are constantly striving to find new ways to improve our customer’s experiences. As a Head of Product Management, you will have the opportunity to contribute to one of the following product areas: core e-commerce funnel, native iOS and Android applications; platforms and tools; or strategic business programs. With an easy to navigate website and highly rated mobile apps, as well as, a detailed order tracking and personalized “Pet Profile” features, Chewy is aiming to revolutionize the way pet parents shop.
What You’ll Do
A day in the life of a Head of Product Management would include but is not limited to:
- Owning development and communicating the long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional product managers and data analysts
- Influencing investment choices that will provide long-term innovation for the user
- Guiding cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, designers, and analysts while playing a key role in organizing and communicating their work across the organization
- Setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating feature releases and internal/external communications
- Communicating product strategy and status to key stakeholders across Chewy; developing intake processes for feature enhancement suggestions
- Taking part in conferences and external activities while also staying up to date on the newest developments within the product world
Things We’re Looking For
When evaluating Head of Product Management profiles, we typically look for:
- 13+ years of Product experience and an advanced degree
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Owning the test-and-learn roadmap to inform the product portfolio
- Working in a culture of experimentation, learning, and innovation in order to solve user needs within the domain
- A track record of building high-impact consumer products demonstrating measurable business impact
This provides brief examples of the dynamic and accomplished product department that we have built, it also shows the exciting and innovative strategy we’re creating to further Chewy’s success. We have positions available across all verticals and levels so if you don’t feel you fit into some of these requirements, please feel free to look at our other openings and apply there. Again, whether you’re seeking to build out a revolutionary new feature, further enhance homepage & navigation tools, or guide and manage a group of talented engineers and designers, Chewy has something for you. Do not hesitate to reach out and apply directly as we’re growing faster by the day.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]