Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we are growing quickly in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Labs focuses on transformative opportunities in the automotive space. These projects tend to have longer time horizons due to their challenging and exploratory nature. As such, an interest in rapid product experimentation and iteration is a core attribute for successful team members.
This is a very exciting time for CarGurus and is a huge opportunity for you to be a part of something truly amazing. Examples of recent public initiatives include:
- P2P – Making selling or buying cars privately easy, safe, and secure.
- CarGurus Offers – Helping sellers who sell privately get the best offer from a local dealer through a real time auction
- Dealer Finance - Enabled users to shop dealer inventory with real financing rates. (Spun out into an independent Digital Retail team.)
Our startup DNA means we particularly value diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Come help build the next phase of CarGurus!
The Group Product Manager will help define and scale our nascent efforts to help dealers source inventory. This role is highly cross-functional and requires product management experience, strong analytical skills, creative problem solving, and a passion for innovation. You will report to the VP, Labs Operations and will work closely with sales, marketing, engineering, the leadership team, and CarGurus’ dealer base.
What You'll Do:
- Identify consumer & dealer needs and translate those insights into impactful product innovations. Solicit input via surveys, focus groups and direct 1-on-1 conversations to test and refine product initiatives
- Partner closely with engineering, sales and marketing to help guide development and messaging of this new product
- Analyze data on product usage to drive product performance optimization
- Work cross functionally with the broader business and effectively communicate team plans and results
- Communicate with senior leaders across the company to define strategy, work plans and results of new product initiative
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience, including direct product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA is a plus
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Startup mentality; willing to pitch in wherever needed and wear many hats. Knows when to pivot.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally with multiple teams across the org
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.