Director of Product Management at GoGuardian (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
We're looking for someone who thrives in an environment of trust, adaptability, optimism, and consistent questioning of the status quo. We trust our Product Management team to define the future of GoGuardian, and in turn, the future of our impact on education.
As a Director of Product Management, you will define vision and product strategy for solving customer needs for a portfolio of products. You will be the catalyst for growth and innovation for our product lines and will formalize best practices into frameworks and evangelize across the entire product management organization. You will build a strong understanding of customer needs and have the business acumen to identify new and adjacent market opportunities that drive growth and expand our ability to support all learners. You will collaborate with leaders across the organization to ensure we properly prioritize and balance imminent needs with innovation and disruption by challenging the status quo while ensuring alignment with our company goals and mission. You will work closely with the product and engineering team, ensuring you have set a clear vision, strategy, and path for execution. You are an experienced and inspiring leader with excellent people skills, exemplary work ethic, and have a long history of building lasting relationships, fostering high-performing teams, and cultivating a strong culture.
What You'll Do
- Define and drive a vision, strategy, and roadmap that balances imminent needs with innovation and growth for our core product line. Maintain a deep understanding of our users' needs, education trends and best practices, market opportunities, competitive set, and business objectives in order to develop the product roadmap in support of the company goals and mission
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams and leaders across the product organization to ensure a smooth product development process. Additionally, partner closely with Revenue, Marketing, and Implementation/Support leadership to ensure successful product launches
- Deliver results by iteratively launching features and products. Strike balance between bias for action and thinking big
- Develop procedures to ensure that quality standards are consistently met throughout the product development lifecycle. Create reliable processes to ensure that teams execute rapidly and effectively, and constantly re-evaluate to identify areas for improvement
- Uphold accountability and an "experiment and learn" environment by defining clear KPIs, continuously tracking and sharing the performance of your product releases, and plans for ongoing iteration
- Lead and level up the team through mentorship, guidance, setting clear performance expectations, and professional development plans. Additionally, you will support Product Leadership in constantly evaluating and evolving org structure, growth paths, and hiring plans.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of product management experience in the tech industry
- 4+ years of people management experience and are passionate about growing teams and developing product managers
- Customer obsession, user-centricity, and empathy is at the core of your approach to product management
- Extensive experience throughout the product lifecycle, successfully leading multiple products from 0-1 and driving substantial growth for mature products
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly between strategy and vision to tactical operations
- An empathetic leader, comfortable leading teams in high growth environments who leverages multiple perspectives and data to drive clarity even in ambiguity
- A master of data and evidence-based decision making - you know how to track, synthesize and leverage insights from both quantitative and qualitative measures
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. You excel at establishing yourself as a trusted product leader with your team as well as with executive leadership
- Experience working with Machine Learning Products
- Preferred qualification: Experience in Growth Product Management
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
P.S. - Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.