Director of Product, Beverages at Bevi
Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $60M in venture capital and we’re doubling year over year. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
This Director of Product role will manage the category of beverage products – setting the strategy for the portfolio of beverages that Bevi offers, and driving the product roadmap to bring new beverages to market successfully. This role reports to Bevi’s VP Product. It’s an extremely cross-functional position, interfacing with every department, and will work in particularly close collaboration with product managers for hardware (machines) and software (IoT system), and Bevi’s Director of Beverage R&D.
As Director of Product Management for Beverages, you will:
- Manage the product roadmap for flavors, supplements, and water - taking products from concept to launch all the way through end-of-life.
- Own commercial success measures for the whole beverage category, e.g. usage, revenue, and gross profit.
- Study data from our thousands of internet-connected machines to determine what factors maximize usage per machine, and implement detailed plans to drive these factors. The specifics of these plans could vary immensely, from developing software to optimize what beverages are offered in each machine, to developing different sales plans in each region, to modifying our marketing methods to better promote the right flavors.
- In collaboration with the marketing, sales, and finance teams, define how to price and position our beverages against the competitive landscape of both bottled drinks and other point-of-use machines.
- Develop and implement the go-to-market plan for each new flavor or supplement.
- Routinely interview customers and distributors to gain insight into why certain beverage products are or aren’t finding success, and use this insight to inform a plan for continuous improvement.
- MBA from top-tier academic program, or a similar analytical and general management skill set.
- 8+ years of professional experience, at least some of which should be in a start-up, and some of which should be in a company with physical products (electronics, CPG, etc.).
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, with the technical ability to crunch millions of data points from thousands of machines, and the creativity to figure out which parameters to analyze.
- User research skills – the capacity to gain useful insights from observing or interviewing customers, and the confidence to take action on those insights (even when there’s a shortage of quantitative data).
- Experience developing and refining marketing personas (of buyers, users, etc.) based on quantitative and qualitative research.
- Strong general management skills – the ability to set ambitious KPIs and own an action plan to hit them. Experience owning a P&L is a big plus.
- Excellent soft skills – many of the results of this position will be owned by other departments.
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of company equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, bereavement, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevi on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!