At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. The Digital Experience team, part of MassMutual’s Enterprise Technology Experience organization, is comprised of collaborative, cross-functional, product centric groups who like to have fun, challenge each other, and are energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Digital Product Owner to join our team.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Digital Product Owner candidate is team-oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should possess a hybrid of business acumen and customer centricity to support new and emerging opportunities in digital customer experience. Product Owner will work closely with product team members and Business Analysts to develop and review Agile stories, to manage roadmap and requirements and to prioritize backlogs. This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment on exciting technology directives. With a flat leadership structure, the opportunity for flexibility within role, and development into other areas is a core reason most people desire to work in this team.
Objectives of this role
- Maximize the value of the products created by the team.
- Communicate with stakeholders, including customers, business managers, and working teams to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- Represent the customers voice and creates a product vision together with the stakeholders. Every decision is taken with the product vision in mind. Conveys the vision to their team.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Works with Digital Experience Teams, subject matter experts and other stakeholders to perform business analysis and conduct customer research to support current and new product roadmaps supporting multiple business lines.
- Understands the product backlog and drives priority through risk, value, learning opportunities and dependencies.
- Refines the Product Backlog by adding detail, estimates and order to items in the Product Backlog.
- Knows how and when to say no. Manages expectations in order to create a backlog with items that will likely get realized and excluding ‘waste’.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develop requirements to support existing platforms and create new digital capabilities.
- Involved in planning and supporting business process to identify go to market strategies for new products and services.
- Helps define and drive design concepts partnering with the design team based on business specifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information.
- Agile/SCRUM experience specifically in Story/Acceptance criteria development.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented individual who is capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and influence outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business priorities and a strong work ethic.
- Endlessly curious in how emerging digital trends can translate into excellent customer experiences.
- 3 years experience working on customer facing products
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Finance, Business, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 -5 years of experience in as business analyst, project management or similar role.
- Experience collaborating with a team of programmers with varying skill sets.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment.
- Experience delivering mobile apps and app store ecosystems.
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.