Customer Education Specialist: In-Product Messaging at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready*?
At Toast, we put our customers first. Members of the restaurant community have a lot on their plates (pun intended). When they have a question about Toast, we want them to be able to find the answer FAST! In the Customer Education Specialist role, you’ll need to know the Toast product, understand the Toast customer, and how to best support them with highly thoughtful, educational content.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Utilize the Pendo platform to build, write, and edit in-product educational experiences (IPM) for Toast customers.
- Analyze customer engagement data/Customer Care cases to identify content gaps and present bi-weekly readouts on metrics observed.
- Support Education Team initiatives such as content blitzes and special projects as needed.
- Create and maintain cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders to better understand the product and any upcoming changes.
- Complete assigned tickets autonomously through our project management tool.
- Remain flexible as priorities shift and communicate status updates and blockers as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Previous experience with digital adoption/content creation platforms (Pendo, WalkMe, Appcues, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.) is strongly recommended but is not required.
- Strong writing skills, converting complex topics into simple steps and writing in a customer-facing tone/voice.
- Strong communication skills in small, large, and virtual settings.
- Strong organizational and relationship-building skills, self-motivated with a problem-solving mindset.
- Familiarity with restaurant operations and workflows is strongly recommended, but not required.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.