Chemical Regulatory Compliance Manager at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The 3D printing industry is exploding, and materials development presents one of the greatest opportunities to innovate in 3D printing. New materials allow us to expand our user base and branch out into new applications. Our materials science team works closely with hardware and software engineers to develop and troubleshoot new resins that produce the results our customers need.
If you are an expert interested in applying your skills in an industry that’s moving at lightning speed, we want you as a Chemical Regulatory Compliance Manager.
- Manage and improve company compliance to global chemical regulations such as GHS, OSHA, TSCA, REACH, Prop 65, and other chemical regulations.
- Perform timely and accurate hazard assessments for new and existing products to assure compliance with domestic and international chemical regulations. Maintain product safety information to meet routine and growing business needs.
- Author, manage and maintain Hazard Communication documents including Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for new and existing products. Ensure SDS and product labeling are in compliance to all countries where products are being distributed. Serve as a primary contact for dangerous goods classifications for DOT, IATA, and IMDG
- Provide technical support and direction to scientists and teams for all project/program efforts related to product safety and product shipping and distribution.
- Develop and manage methods for creating and deploying product safety information and documentation (SDS’s, labels, shipping information) and maintenance. Maintain records as necessary to comply with business and regulatory requirements.
- Have understanding of SNUR chemical use and provide a stable avenue of communication with raw material vendors
- Support successful exports of chemicals by meeting global chemical compliance such as REACH, DSL, Japan, China, Australia, etc.
- Communicate with company’s Sales team and reporting chemical use to appropriate countries and regions chemical inventories
- Support customer inquiries on product safety and compliance and ensure clear communication on safe use and handling of products
- BS (or MS) in Chemistry, Biology, Toxicology or related science/engineering field and minimum of 5 years working in a chemical regulatory compliance function.
- Must have working knowledge of TSCA, REACH, DSL and other international chemical inventories
- Demonstrated experience performing product safety assessments using product safety software and web publishing systems.
- Demonstrated experience in development and maintenance of SDS for mixtures.
- Experience in labeling and shipping of hazardous products.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining strong attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and assist others in developing means to comply with regulations while meeting business needs.
- Must be able to work with minimal direction. High degree of initiative and sound ability to interpret, translate and address regulatory needs.
- Strong chemistry background preferred.
- Experience in EH&S is a plus.
- Experience in Environmental, Laser, and other Compliance programs
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.