Part-time Team Member - Mail and Concierge Services - Cambridge, MA
CIC Cambridge is looking for a detail-oriented and thorough individual to help support the day-to-day operations of our commercial office space. Starting wage for this position is $17/hour for approximately 25 hours/week. This position requires the ability to begin work at 11:00 AM and end work at 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
At CIC we strive to provide our clients with exquisite space and genuine community. We’ve learned that the better our clients know each other, the better they will be able to help each other in achieving their goals and improving the world.
Who we help: Entrepreneurs, artists, inventors, lawyers, creatives, musicians, politicians, health care providers, social entrepreneurs and many more (1400+ companies).
What we do: We are obsessed with service and helping people, plain and simple. Well, not so simple. Your day as a CIC staffer could include anything from building IKEA furniture to liaising with top politicians and diplomats. At the end of the day, though, we are here to make our clients happy and to enhance the work they do.
Where we work: In immaculate office spaces with impeccable snacks across Cambridge, Boston, St. Louis, Miami, and Rotterdam.
Why we’re different: We believe that our ability to support world-changing entrepreneurs is only as good as the people who make up our teams, and as such we are looking for people who are interested in contributing to--and improving--the way we work. We invite you to explore our Careers Page to learn more about who we are and what we believe.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We like to employ service-minded people who are dependable and able to work independently. More specifically, we are looking for someone who possesses the following characteristics:
• Personable and naturally enjoys helping others and interacting with different types of people
• Enjoys working on their feet and being on the move
• Independent, trustworthy, and willing to learn
• Detail-oriented and organized, with solid time management skills
• Comfortable around basic office technologies
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This person will join our Concierge Team, a sub-team of one of our Community Teams. Community Teams are composed of several full-time and part-time employees, and these teams work together to satisfy the day-to-day needs of our clients. Over time this person may be cross-trained in other areas, or on occasion be asked to help other team members with their tasks. We are a team-based company, and you will be evaluated on your performance by the other members of the team.
• Processing incoming packages for clients – receive, organize, and contact clients
• Maintaining the CIC mailroom – keep it clean, organized and clutter free
• Assist with reviewing incoming mail – lookup unknown names, categorize, and file
• Being a backup to assist in mail distribution when primary mail sorter is out of the office
• Helping the Concierge Team as needed with various tasks such as helping provide front desk coverage during meetings
• A natural interest for helping/supporting others
• Highly detail-oriented and organized with solid time management skills
• Independent, reliable, and willing to learn
• Efficient and focused approach to daily tasks, able to self-direct to additional work when appropriate
• Availability to work each weekday, 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
ATTRACTIONS OF WORKING AT CIC
Entrepreneurs renew our economies, create gainful and rewarding employment opportunities, and frequently crack tough problems facing humanity. CIC helps innovators and entrepreneurs to be better connected to each other and the resources around them, and to be more productive than they would be in isolation. We gauge our success by the accomplishments of our clients and by their satisfaction with the working environments we create. On top of helping our clients achieve great things, we work to ensure that our employees are cohesive, healthy, and supported. The benefits of being here include:
• Fun people in a dynamic space. We pride ourselves on finding driven and bright collaborators who are eager to lend their own unique skills to the team
• Inspiring clientele. The clients and staff at CIC are sharp, diverse, motivated, and represent fields like biotech, life sciences, health care, environment, design, art, and much more
• Personal growth. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills within the epicenter of the innovation community
CIC is committed to building teams that reflect the fabric of the cities we support. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know.
Read Full Job Description