VP of Customer Success
Our nation relies on nonprofits to solve our most pressing social issues. Join us as we equip the foot soldiers in this work – the CEOs and volunteer board members – as they build a better future. BoardOnTrack is a high growth SaaS company providing expertise, training, web-based tools and a membership community to non-profit boards nationwide. We are looking for someone to play a leadership role in the organization. If you have been part of the rapid scaling of a nascent customer success process and team, are extremely entrepreneurial and motivated by being in a significant revenue-generating/revenue-focused position, then we want to hear from you.
This is a revenue-focused position. You will develop and drive all aspects of Customer Success including support, account management, increasing product usage, and ensure low churn/high renewal rate. You will partner with other members of the leadership team to ensure profitability. Your team will be directly responsible for customer renewals.
- Use Customer Success insights to inform the sales and marketing efforts to acquire more of the “right” and profitable customers.
- Forecast and achieve established retention and engagement targets.
- Increase Customer Engagement and Success
- Combine your love for helping people with a passion for process and data to continually improve our onboarding, engagement and renewal processes in a way that recognizes our customers are busy, stressed, cause-driven volunteers.
- Learn, know, be inspired by and care for our customers, serving as their unwavering advocate and champion.
- Ensure customers realize our brand promise and continually receive value from their membership.
- Constantly look to improve our approach toward customer success across all organizational touch-points. Help us clarify and improve how we define and measure success.
- Build scalable, repeatable and profitable systems to ensure customer success, increase product usage, and identify problems early so they can be corrected long before a customer becomes a potential churn risk.
- Build and support a customer success team that will keep pace with our exponential growth and maintain a cost-effective, yet highly impactful customer experience.
Experience and Skills
- Prior experience scaling a nascent customer success program is a must.
- Results oriented. Your success and ours will ultimately be measured “by the numbers”.
- Proven track record at driving profitability.
- A statistical or analytic background is helpful. We don’t need a full-on statistician but working with numbers and understanding how to dig into their meaning should excite you.
- Patience, empathy, good listener, ability to understand customer needs.
- Proven track record building a team in a tech start-up environment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication, project management, presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Significant tech chops – experience with widely used customer success tools, especially salesforce.com
- Interest and knowledge of the charter school movement and non-profit space is a big plus.
- Proven ability to work in a high-energy, fast past tech start-up environment.
- Independent, highly organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter.
- Energetic, hard-working, and enthusiastic team player.
- A love of fast iteration, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity a must.
To Apply Please Submit a Cover Letter and Resume.
Don’t forget the cover letter, it is your chance to stand out from the pack.