VP of Corporate Strategy at Takeoff Technologies
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:06 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, October 7, 2020
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 250 person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
We are looking to add a highly qualified individual to build a Corporate strategy function to meaningfully shape Takeoff’s Strategy. This role will also be responsible for helping lead our team through transformational programs, and will support corporate development activities. This is a high visibility role that will require strong partnership across our C-suite and executive team.
Our aspirations of launching 1000's of MFC's globally necessitates an increasing focus on corporate strategy and corporate development. We are at an inflection where we must build and follow a purposeful and rigorous approach to delivering MFC's to our retail partners and dramatically scaling our business.
This will be exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Build, lead and develop a corporate strategy function including recruiting and retaining a high caliber tier team
- Drive corporate strategy, vision, and execution for Takeoff, in concert with the executive leadership team, resulting in the delivery of insightful recommendations and tangible results for Takeoff
- Identify critical cross functional projects necessary for Takeoff to deliver on its strategy and then partner with our executive leadership team to scope, define, and launch programs behind these initiatives
- Lead and support a team to build targeted research on the eGroceries market, the competitive landscape, and the needs of both our clients and end customers
- Lead and support critical corporate development and/or commercially oriented initiatives
- Build the measurement systems to keep Takeoff focused on delivering its core strategy
Some of the experience you will bring to the table:
- BA/BS required
- MBA strongly preferred
- 10-15 years total experience with significant representation of management consulting experience, leadership and client facing roles
- 5+ years in a top-tier management consulting firm
- Strong quantitative & problem-solving toolkit
- Ability to drive a high-impact agenda with a diverse set of executives/ business stakeholders, and the ability to drive (the right) change in a fluid and dynamic start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and support cross-functional projects, including efficient management of stakeholders, and effective leadership and support of cross functional teams
- Excellent project management capabilities—at times under hard deadlines—Including a willingness to take a "hands on approach” to deliver results on projects as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, from an executive level to a working-team level
- Experience in technology and/or retail preferred
Some of the reasons you will love working at Takeoff:
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun!
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Some of the perks and benefits that we offer:
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Tuition reimbursement
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Some of the ways we are addressing Covid-19:
While Covid-19 has posed it’s fair share of challenges, we have tackled these head on, while continuing to ensure that the health and safety of our employees and clients remain top priorities. We certainly believe that building a successful company starts with the people, and while the chance to meet and collaborate face to face in an office setting is vital to our growth and company culture, the health and safety of the Takeoff team is the most important right now. To that end, we are embracing a “work remote first” company policy, however the expectation is that you are based in the Greater Boston / MA area to ensure time zones are aligned with the rest of the Takeoff team based on the east coast.
Whether it be a Cultural Brunch & Learn, a Rocketberry Mini-Series showcasing some of our teams dynamic and hidden talents, or a weekly “coffee chat” to catch up with your fellow colleagues, we are finding creative ways to stay connected and engaged with each other during these challenging times.
Lastly along with our robust and competitive benefits package that we offer(above), we are excited to roll out two new benefits; a “remote work allowance” as well as a “remote office setup reimbursement”. These benefits will be effective immediately upon hire date geared towards ensuring that our employees are continuously set up for success while working remotely!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.
Read Full Job Description