Vice President of Compliance and Internal Audit at Klaviyo
Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President of Compliance and Internal Audit will be a critical member of Klaviyo’s Finance Leadership Team, and will work collaboratively with the CFO and other executives to drive the success of the organization and to enable the company to deliver upon its strategic objectives.
The core of this role will be to define and continuously improve risk management through best practices in accounting and audit, thus providing the financial controls, information and transparency that will enable the company to make effective business decisions in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
The Head of Compliance is responsible for leading a function of internal audit professionals that leverages industry best practices and adds value by developing consultative partnerships with operational leaders throughout the organization to monitor and improve internal controls, processes, and also drive operating efficiencies. Additionally, together with the General Counsel, the head of compliance is responsible for the company enterprise risk management framework and execution.
How You'll Make a Difference...
- Manage the execution of internal audit activity with the objective of driving improvement in risk management and control in the organization. This includes developing a risk based internal audit plan that appropriately covers operational, financial and compliance risks faced by Klaviyo
- Manage the risk assessment and scoping, process and control documentation, testing, and remediation with the objective of ensuring ongoing compliance in an efficient and effective manner.
- Build and manage Klaviyo’s risk-management certification program, and own training and education of key employees around risk management.
- Regularly reporting and communicating with the Board of Directors , CFO and the CEO
- Coordinating the agenda, schedule, and delivery of ERM materials for Board meetings
- A recognized leader, able to quickly win the confidence and establish strong working relationships at all levels up to and including the Executive Staff and the Board of Directors.
- Continuously hire, develop, and motivate a high-performance team.
- As required, oversee confidential control reviews, special investigations, and other ad-hoc projects including coordination of any investigations performed by external agencies.
- As appropriate, work with the external auditors to facilitate their year-end audit.
- Proactively provide risk/controls consulting in situations where new systems/processes are being implemented and which involve significant risks. This includes consulting on activities to create a control environment appropriate for a publicly traded company.
- Coordinating audit plans with the external auditor.
Who You Are...
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field
- Certified Internal Auditor required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree strongly preferred
- CISA or CRMA preferred
- 10+ years of diversified experience required, including a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to build relationships with senior/executive level management
- Ability to prioritize and direct limited resources to the most critical areas and issues
- Ability to build solid, collaborative working relationships with auditees, across all functions
- Demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves to and do the work vs. manage, while building out the Function
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate and develop talent
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.