Tier 2 Support Engineer, Boston
Greater Boston Area
Privitar is looking for a Tier 2 Technical Support Representative to provide the second-line of support to our customers. You will collaborate closely with our worldwide team of skilled support specialists and developers to rapidly resolve product issues and quickly address customer requests. Successful candidates must possess excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills along with a strong technical acumen to deliver the highest level of problem resolution and service excellence.
The Tier 2 Technical Support Representative assists customers in resolving open issues, help customers to achieve success through best-practice guidance and help customers to achieve a high level of satisfaction with Privitar solutions and our customer support services. The position combines overseeing the rapid response to customer inquiries, handling enhancement requests, and analysing common issues.
Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software company based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Backed by world-leading venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Facebook, Slack, Dropbox, Atlassian and Spotify, we have just completed a $40 million Series B funding round, and are in a phase of hyper growth.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of Privacy Engineering to serve this emerging business need and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to safely analyze and mine sensitive datasets while protecting an individual’s privacy.
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to set the standard for reliability
- Cares deeply about customer success
- Commits yourself to success
- Enjoys the variety and fast pace of a dynamic start-up; you’re flexible in your approach and comfortable with ambiguity
- Has a good sense of humor and thinks work should be fun as well as intellectually satisfying
- Takes pride in documenting, troubleshooting and problem resolution steps so colleagues and the wider community can learn from you
- Has already demonstrated excellence in communication and organisational skills
This position supports 24/7 on-call customer service throughout the calendar year - you must be available to participate in on-call rotas as required
- Participate in weekly Support case review with engineering teams
- Discuss outstanding cases, including prioritization of work
- Communicate back to support all of the engineering’s case comments
- Mentor T1 staff to enhance technical proficiency of the entire team including training, documentation and product reviews
- Consult with Product Management on outstanding issues as documented in Request For Enhancement (RFE) records in the RFE system
- Determine whether an issue is a bug, design flaw, or RFE Provide input and trend information across customers on any RFEs to PM
- Maintain and review as needed the Support RFE report in SFDC
- Escalate all urgent or unusual cases or situations presented by customers to Support Manager after initial triage
- In addition to monitoring and responding to queues, investigate T2 cases escalated by T1 Participate in swarming meetings for cases that are “stumpers” or of note to the whole team
- Act as a subject matter expert to review product issue and enhancement requests for detail and feasibility before submission to product management
- Author and drive the use of knowledge articles for internal and external users
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all client interactions in the Case Management System
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Science or Engineering discipline
- Understanding of product integrations in customer enterprise environments
- Strong Linux command line skills
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. shell, python, Perl)Experience with database schemas and SQL
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Conversant in core platform and all products at a mid-QA level.
- Mastery of applications; understanding of infrastructure fundamentals
- Case Management
- Ability to manage T1 escalated cases and customer situations
- Identifying issue trends and managing escalated case queue
- Advanced Customer Skills - capable of managing and conducting conversations at the account level where necessary
- Engineering/Product Liaison - capable of representing support at a senior level to the senior and executive engineering staff
- Would be nice to have some familiarity with enterprise environments for managing big data, including technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Nifi, Kafka Confluent
Privitar does not accept unsolicited referrals or CVs from any source other than directly from candidates or approved agencies with written agreements in place and instructed on specified roles.
Unsolicited CVs received from any agency not engaged as outlined above will be considered a "free gift", and there will be no fees due should we choose to contact the candidate directly. Receipt of unsolicited CVs will in no way establish any prior claim to the candidate should they also be submitted by another agency. We consider this type of activity an attempt to lay claim to a given candidate and therefore entirely inappropriate. Any submission of unsolicited CVs to us will be deemed as full acceptance of these terms.
We only engage with agencies who are respectful of candidates, businesses and other agencies. We abide by our agreements with them and maintain genuine, straight-forward and lasting relationships which generate the highest calibre candidates for our business.
Read Full Job Description