Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a Network Support Specialist your primary responsibility will be to respond to and address our customers' networking inquiries. Identifying and resolving potential issues with ISPs, Meraki appliances, DHCP, wireless coverage, and configuring hardware to name a few. You will also have the opportunity to work with our post-live teams and our customers to provide network configuration recommendations that will help improve the Toast network in their locations.
About this roll*
- Learn the Toast POS system and become a product expert
- Prompt correspondence with customers and partners through support calls and email
- Help customers with complex network and hardware questions.
- Responsibilities may include demos, training, and clear communication on how to resolve technical issues related to Network and Hardware Issues
- Analyze performance of technical support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas and opportunities, devise and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service and to prevent future problems
- Work with Toast Sales, Implementation, and Engineering teams to ensure customer success
- Tracking support issue progress in our bug and support ticket management systems
- Potential after-hours emergency support
- Uses sound judgment to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed. Considers all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action
- Time Management: Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Problem Solving: Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Familiar with Front of House and Back of House restaurant operations, and or similar setups.
- Technical experience with networking devices and connectivity as it pertains to Point of Sale systems
- Experience with, Salesforce, Five9, Jira, Meraki Dashboards,
- Knowledge of hardwired and wireless devices (Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Comprehensive knowledge of WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies and theories
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Very bottom-line oriented. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups. Can settle differences with minimum noise.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.