Technical Operations Manager
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is the world's largest and most influential travel platform that helps travelers unleash the full potential of every trip. This position supports the Bokun organization within TripAdvisor Experiences and is focused on operational efficiency, project management, communication, and data-driven solutions. We are seeking a highly analytical individual who can flex between a broad variety of individual responsibilities. You must establish a strong understanding of our industry, our product, our customers, our end consumers, and the needs of every team within Bokun as well as the teams within TripAdvisor Experiences that interact with Bokun. The needs are not limited to operations, but also relationship management, process optimization, and back-end product management. You will work closely with the Business Operations and frontline teams to support the needs of team members and contributors in Boston, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Oxford, Reykjavik, and Singapore. The role will be based in Boston.
- 7+ years of experience in Operations, Product Management, and/or Project Management.
- Relationship management experience with big travel industry players strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with PCI, PII, GDPR, SOX, PSD2 compliance a plus.
- Experience -- including migration -- with a variety of operational support platforms including but not limited to Salesforce, Intercom, and Zendesk.
- Track record of collaborating with engineers throughout the course of the project lifecycle -- especially in deployment and post-deployment troubleshooting.
- SQL reporting essential. Able to interpret and analyse data.
- Experience discerning and communicating how unrelated systems can and should interact with each other.
- Experience leading internal and external platform integrations and connectivity.
- Managerial experience with junior staff.
- Outstanding communicator, both orally and written.
- Ability to explain extremely technical information to less technical individuals and, conversely, ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications and documentation.
- General awareness of downstream implications of how to communicate change.
- Discipline in enforcing consistent documentation.
- Interdepartmental diplomacy.
- Excellent time-management.
- Ability to self-prioritize.
- Creative problem solver extraordinaire.
- Confident and effective decision making skills.
- Diligent and proactive results-driven personality.