Systems Engineer at Grubhub
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
We are looking for a Systems & Infra Engineer II who has experience in networking and system engineering. This team is responsible for maintaining our current systems\infrastructure of our existing multi-site topology, and involved in our expansion to new locations and cloud providers. Delivering excellent customer service and technology solutions for approximately 7,000 users across multiple office locations.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design, recommend and implement secure systems and network infrastructure in a multi-site topology
- Build and maintain hyper-converged/virtualization infrastructure and systems for corporate business needs
- Perform day-to-day administrative activities to maintain employee systems: telephony, desktop applications, cloud applications and network access
- Identify and improve processes via automation
- Interact with employees to understand the way they perform work, and seek creative ways to improve our workflows with technology
- Work with members in various offices to ensure that projects and priorities are aligned, coordinated, and prioritized
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve network issues while identifying areas of improvement to rectify any deficiencies or enhance performance
- Work with the IT Service desk to provide advanced technical support to our end users
- Capacity planning: analyze facilities bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies.
- Disaster recovery: ensure planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met
- Remain current on new technologies and evaluate for value and improvements
- Manage and deploy monitoring to ensure availability of network and systems
- Travel up to 20 percent for office builds and projects
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years implementing and maintaining a physical and virtual infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with security and authentication protocols (SAML, LDAP)
- 2+ years of Okta administration
- 3+ years of building and maintaining Active Directory
- Strong knowledge and experience with Windows 10, macOS, Windows Server 2012-2019 (including core installations) in an Enterprise environment
- Experience with various Linux distributions (CentOS and Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience with major cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, GCP
- Experience leveraging Active Directory for user and group management
- Ability to create PowerShell or Python scripts to drive automation
- Virtualization concepts, and storage technologies that often support it (VMware, AHV, vMotion, NetApp and Dell EMC)
- Knowledge of Network protocols and routing and troubleshooting utilizing various capture and analysis tools
- Knowledge of SD-WAN technologies and theories
- Knowledge of wireless technologies, spectrum analysis, encryption, and authentication
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, IPSec VPN tunnel configuration and troubleshooting (IKE1/IKE2), SNMP
- Experience with configuration and support of load balancers
- Experience with troubleshooting audio-visual systems and supporting protocols
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Track record of sound judgment, problem-solving, decision making, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization, from peers to management and executives
- Experience working with virtual/remote staff members
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.