Systems Administrator II at Bullhorn
Bullhorn is looking for a problem-solving systems focused technologist to become our next Systems Administrator II. In this role, you will be responsible for building, implementing, and managing products and solutions for Bullhorn’s production environment, while ensuring 24/7 availability. The position will require a solid understanding of LAMP stack technologies along with windows services and configuration. The ideal candidate will have proven technical experience with a strong foundation in operating systems and networking skills along with a positive attitude.
Why this job is important:
- It is part of a team that maintain network and systems configurations for national and international data centers.
- Helps ensure 24/7 availability of the production application environment. This will include 24/7 on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis.
As a Systems Administrator II, you will:
- Design, build, implement, and manage products and solutions for Bullhorn’s production environment.
- Monitor and maintain all production system equipment and services.
- Participate in the planning and coordination of new product deployment and enhancement projects, ensuring preparedness in servicing the product.
- Develop system analysis and reporting tools and tools for task automation.
- Document technical environments, processes and procedures, testing plans, project plans.
- Provide direct support to Software Development, Quality Engineering, Customer Support, Professional Services and third party vendors as needed to resolve production problems.
As a Systems Administrator II, You'll Bring:
- 2-4 years total experience with systems administration, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting
- An ability to work well in high pressure environments
- Strong Linux skills (Redhat or CentOS)
- Knowledge of Windows server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, network devices such as switches, hubs, routers, firewalls
- Shell, PHP, Python and Perl scripting
- Previous experience in a SaaS and/or high volume website environment preferred
- Experience in automation and managing large server environments
- Java/Tomcat experience
- Previous oncall experience
Bonus points for:
- LDAP/Kerberos authentication against Microsoft Active Directory
- SAN and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc)
- Open Source Project experience
You might be a fit for Bullhorn if:
You are energetic and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
You love working in an agile environment and can roll with the punches
You take ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement