SVP Corporate Development
We are looking for a strategic executive to lead our active Corporate Development program in a dynamic, high growth marketplace. The SVP of Corporate Development will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy to develop opportunities that expand our suite of solutions as well as market reach. In this role you will need to be a visionary, planning for the future growth and scale balanced with a understanding of who new opportunities impact our P&L.
The SVP of Corporate Development will lead our transaction team and be responsible for all active deal related activity from negotiations through valuation, diligence and integration. In this leadership position you will be expected to work closely with all of the relevant functions as well as our entire executive team to ensure smooth and timely execution of our M&A objectives as well as successful integration and realization of the overall benefits.
About the Role:
The SVP of Corporate Development will serve as a member of the senior leadership team, providing strategic direction and acting as a thought leader with primary responsibility for developing and executing innovative strategies to achieve business objectives and meet company goals. In this role, you will adapt goals for the business function in alignment with Everbridge’s strategy and ensure initiatives are planned and executed with the desired business outcomes. This position is based in our Burlington office.
- Knowledge of all deal types; ranging from acquisitions, divestures, licensing, and complex partnerships that are strategically important to the company.
- Establish a business plan for Corporate Development that aligns with Company’s plans and objectives
- Conduct analysis of prospective target company’s business to determine fit and alignment
- Lead the negotiations, deal structuring, diligence and integration management of all corporate development activities
- Balance deal value with culture and financial fit for our overall business
- Prepare business proposals for the Executive Team to overview new M&A opportunities
- Work collaboratively with all business units and departments in order to execute on strategic goals
- Keep current with Everbridge product offerings and corporate direction
- Represent Everbridge in relevant industry groups and M&A events to create external awareness
How You’ll Stand Out
You will typically have 15 years’ experience in at least one of the following: mergers and acquisitions, corporate or business development. We would prefer financial expertise while not being a “banker” as well as current or prior experience within enterprise software and a related technology in a Corporate Development role.
An ideal background will entail:
- Deep understanding of SaaS, Enterprise software for business-critical applications and related ecosystem that we operate in.
- Be an expert relationship builder
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with the company’s cross functional operations
- Have a strong understanding of Finance, specifically item factors impacting P&L to execute your business plan
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, and presentation skills
- Expert in a variety of the SaaS enterprise and technology concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to gain a thorough understanding of Everbridge’s business applications and internal organization
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade others as appropriate
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position
- Master’s degree or global equivalent in a related field is preferred
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.