Support Engineer, Tier-1 at Cybereason
Cybereason's mission is to ‘protect it all’ – delivering unparalleled prevention, detection, investigation, and response for all endpoints: workstations, laptops, mobile devices and more.
Our cyber-defence solutions combine machine learning and AI to analyze threats, connecting huge volumes of data to reveal cyber-attacks and shut them down, as well as block intrusion of known and unknown threats. With our latest offerings, we can also seamlessly automate detection and prevention across traditional endpoints as well as mobile devices.
Since entering the Japan market in 2016, we have seen tremendous growth, now holding #1 market share. We are constantly evolving and hope to expand our team with daring individuals that never give up!
As a Support Engineer, you will be a client-side technical support engineer improving customer satisfaction through pro-active engagement with our partners in Japan.
What you will do
- Troubleshooting of client side part of Cybereason security solution (mainly Windows)
- Responsible for client-side customer requests under defined SLAs
- Escalating difficult cases if necessary
What we are looking for
- 5+years technical support experience with customer oriented
- Excellent Windows (mostly 7, 8, 10) troubleshooting skills (e.g. Windows slowness, freezes)
- Knowledge of Windows services and boot process of Windows desktop machine (servers like IIS, MailEnable, Exchange etc. are not needed)
- Clear understanding of investigation steps and the questions to ask customer during technical investigation
- Native Japanese language, extensive experience communicating with Japanese customers in Japanese (both phone and email)
- English (reading/writing) to be able to escalate issues to HQ support
- Understanding of virtual environment techniques and support experience
- Superb knowledge of troubleshooting tools for Windows (process monitor, process explorer, etc.)
- Logical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to explain highly technical things to the customers at various levels of technical knowledge
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP), understanding different types of proxies
- Be able to troubleshoot networking problems with wireshark
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision while constantly providing feedback to the relevant stakeholders
- Enjoy learning new things and working in fast-paced environment
- Strong advantage for candidates with:
- Ability to debug applications using Windows memory dump files
- Knowledge of remote package distribution software under Windows used in Japan (e.g. Skysea, etc.), Powershell scripting or knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot Mac and Linux services
- Understanding the basics of cyber security
More about working at Cybereason Japan
Our Tokyo and Osaka offices are open, highly supportive and fun! To support you at work, we provide flexible work-life management policies, plenty of food and drinks, paid-leave for supporting your family and health, 401k, fun monthly events such as Premium Fridays and “Lunch & Learn”, as well as career support. You’ll have a chance to work in cooperation with a growing team of over 600 people (and growing!) with teams in Tel Aviv, Boston and other locations around the world.
「働きがいのある会社」として認定 / Great Place to Work® Certified
サイバーリーズン・ジャパンは、Great Place to Work® から、働きがいのある会社であることを認める「働きがい認定」企業として選出されました。 詳細や認定企業一覧はこちらをご参ください。
Cybereason Japan has been selected and certified by Great Place to Work® as an employee-validated great workplace. Click here for details and a list of certified companies.