We are seeking a Supply Chain & Logistics Manager to achieve operational excellence, focused on matching supply to demand and cost efficiency at scale. You have hands-on experience managing contract manufacturers, suppliers and logistics.
Candidates from underrepresented communities are especially encouraged to apply. Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome, Boston area preferred.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
The operations team is responsible for the manufacture, installation, and operation of the Soofa Sign fleet and the management of operational cost.
- Oversee supply chain management & long-term resiliency (inventory, procurement, etc.)
- Direct all aspects of in-house and contract manufacturing
- Drive cost savings through optimization of operations and strategic programs to reduce COGS through vendor management and materials selection
- Work with mechanical engininging on minor product updates
- Control document for all product versions
- Manage release of new hardware changes
- Review and approve engineering documentation through the release process (ECO)
- Work across the organization with different stakeholders including engineering, deployment, sales/solutions, and repair from the field to continually evolve our approach to providing quality, on-time service
- Lead supply chain software implementation
- Manage shipment of parts and products
- 4-6 years' technical operations and/or logistics experience
- 2+ years' experience managing suppliers, contractors, and contract manufacturers
- 1+ years' experience managing a team
Bonus Points For
- Mechanical/engineering background
- Experience with hardware and/or IoT
- Startup experience
- Love of best-practice structure; you know when to create new operational rules
- Operations and logistics expert with an internal drive to optimize processes; love of technology to drive efficiency
- Metrics-driven and comfortable analyzing data to develop insights and action plans
- Known for your ability to present and communicate effectively
- Positive, can-do attitude
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa's Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.