Standards & Compliance Manager
The primary responsibility of the Standards & Compliance Manager is to participate in all strategy programs and run the team that will design, develop, launch and support all auditing, standards tracking, and regulatory compliance needs within the business. Responsible for collaborating with the leadership team in the development of and implementation of internal compliance needs to ensure external results are excellent. You will manage the team of (2) Process and Standards associates and (1) Compliance associate, directing them with priorities to ensure company standards are documents and clear and concise for all to understand
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Develop internal auditing tools to ensure all facilities are maintaining standards and executing SOPs as expected. Be the conduit back to all brand and PDL internal audit teams to ensure e-commerce operations is within the guidelines developed and continues to innovate standards to be delivering excellent standards execution at all times.
- Execute all internal auditing of e-commerce best practices – including, but not limited to all fulfillment centers, Click and Collect locations and all delivery standards. Provide feedback to all operators on how to improve, and recognize areas where standards may need to be adjusted for better execution. Provide the scoring and tracking of all areas of the operation to benchmark and define best in class.
- Coordinate all 3rd party auditing of the e-commerce operations, across all brands.
- Own the action plans for correction on any issues noted on all internal and external audits. Ensure quick resolution of any critical findings.
- Own the 3rd party review and implementation of labor standards. Track compliance, provide feedback and suggest improvements to meet all goals.
- Partner with PDL industrial engineering to be continuing to innovate all labor standards and improve the operations both in terms of customer service and efficiency.
- Participate in the installation of all new e-commerce fulfillment centers across all brands, ensuring standards are maintained for excellence.
- Manage the team of (2) Process and Standards associates and (1) Compliance associate, directing them with priorities to ensure company standards are documents and clear and concise for all to understand
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- Role will require 25% travel
- Solid understanding of governmental regulations
- 10-15 years of wide reaching experience across standards development
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- High level of self-motivation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with governmental officials
- Long term strategic thinking on developing new business offerings and processes
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Provide support for the implementation of a continuous improvement culture
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Licenses & Certifications