Service Desk Associate I
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly.We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Service Desk Associate I is the key position that gets new employees up and running, as well as, keeping the existing Grubhub population technically productive. This role will need to be able to communicate with all position levels. The Service Desk Associate I position will report to the Manager of the Service Desk.
- Tracking (fixed assets) and installing of new computer equipment for employees.
- Setup and support of desktop applications such as MS Office and Adobe Products.
- Solve problems for people and leave them with a smile.
- Help solve Windows / Mac / Linux Connectivity / Printer issues for individuals.
- Follow documentation and direction. Complete tasks thoroughly and on time.
- Support GrubHub team members in person, phone, IM, and email.
- Be flexible. We're growing and we need to continue to change to help the company grow.
You Should Have
- Interest in supporting desktop services in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS
- Imaging and supporting Windows desktop operating systems
- Ability to learn and pick up concepts quickly
- Knowledge of Apple OS & Hardware
- Software deployment and inventory systems experience - Kace experience a plus
- Current working knowledge of Active directory in a multi-domain forest a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Products ie: Jira, Confluence, Stash, Fisheye & Hipchat a plus
- Experience working both independently or as part of a project group
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and lead projects
- Ability to accomplish tasks without supervision
- Must possess a positive and professional attitude
- Experience working with virtual / remote staff members
- Must be willing to travel 20% of the time
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 days of Paid Time Off
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.