Senior Threat Hunting Lead at Chewy
We are seeking an experienced technical Senior Threat Hunting Lead in either our Dania Beach, FL or Boston, MA location. This is a cross functional role at Chewy working in tandem between the Security Engineering, Architecture and Red teams. This candidate will have a strong focus in Threat Hunting, Incident Handling, and Threat Intelligence.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and supervise the technical day to day operations in the Security Operations Center.
- Investigate, analyze, and learn from security researchers, attackers and real incidents to develop detection solutions.
- Explore and correlate large data sets to uncover novel attack techniques and generate custom alerts.
- Build hunting tools and automations for use in the discovery of human adversaries.
- Assess, triage and prioritize security alerts from logging and monitoring systems.
- Train and mentor team members in the technical, procedural, and communication skills related to threat hunting.
- Define processes and maturing playbooks of operational response to incidents.
- Provide support to other IT teams in malware remediation, mitigation of network and web-based attacks and implementing proactive security controls into systems.
- Participate in a 24/7 operation that looks after and responds to security events on or against Chewy networks.
- While this is considered a day shift role, flexibility will be needed to interact with the various shifts that works within the SOC:
- Monday – Friday
- 8am – 5pm
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 2 years’ work leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Minimum 6 years’ direct hands on technical experience
- Strong ability to use data to ‘tell a story’
- Previous Red Team experience a plus
- Security industry certifications (CISSP, SANS or others) a plus
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and other networking principles
- Experience with Incident Handling & Response
- Experience with system administration in a large enterprise environment including Windows, Apple and Linux servers and workstations..
- Knowledge of kill-chain model, ATT&CK framework and modern penetration testing techniques
- Experience with SOAR technologies and fundamentals a plus
- Must be able to work well with a highly passionate and energetic team in a collaborative environment
- Able to produce security assessments of events, applications and infrastructure to IT teams
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]