Senior Systems Engineer - VMS
The Vestmark Managed Services Team is a small team dedicated to the daily operation of the Vestmark Data Center. The team is responsible for the design, provisioning, monitoring, and operations of hardware, networks, and databases to support the VestmarkONE SaaS Platform. The team offers a great opportunity to experience a wide range of technologies and challenges as we strive to providing world-class hosted services to our growing customer base. Scalability, Security, and Disaster Recovery are the fundamental challenges the team takes on every day.
We are looking to add a senior member to the Vestmark Managed Services team. You will be a key player on the team, and will provide thought leadership while working alongside your dedicated teammates. We are looking for someone with experience in production data centers, someone that understands the critical nature of that business, and with a high level of attention to detail to help us keep our services running smoothly and constantly improving. The team is made up of level-headed, well-organized, and smart individuals that enjoy working together, and enjoy the constant flow of new challenges.
- Contribute to the specification, acquisition, deployment, installation, configuration, and administration of new equipment, including life-cycle automation.
- Create, implement, and support key infrastructure components, including monitoring and configuration management tools. Iterate on any solution to automate it or improve the automation.
- Troubleshoot issues across the stack (hardware, network, applications, database, storage). Troubleshoot advanced system issues.
- Plan and manage projects to improve operational capabilities, address technology updates and build capacity for anticipated growth. Will need the ability to prioritize between multiple competing projects.
- Participate in 24/7/365 on-call rotation, that includes night and weekend shifts, and be able to resolve Critical System issues.
- Participate in cross-organizational efforts to design new solutions or improve existing ones.
Minimum Qualifications (Requirements):
- 8+ years of work experience in a production data center setting
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft technologies (Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, Windows Clustering)
- 3+ years of scripting experience (e.g. Powershell, Perl etc.)
- 3+ years of experience with server virtualization using VMware
- Thorough knowledge of Networking and Infrastructure including VPNs, Firewalls, capacity management and design
- Abilities in design and maintenance of IT monitoring architecture
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- Significant work experience with MS SQL Server and SQL Performance Analysis
- Significant work experience in High Performance Storage Subsystems, e.g. Nimble
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS and AZURE
- Significant work experience in vendor management and building relationships with service providers
- Preferred hands-on working experience with LogicMonitor, Solarwinds DPA, AppDynamics or Splunk
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.