Senior Manager Security Enablement - Carbon Black by VMware at VMware Carbon Black
The Senior Manager for the Security Business Unit is primarily responsible for driving the creation and curation of curricula developed by and for the Security Business Unit (SBU) ensuring compatibility with VMware solutions priorities. Curricula outputs span both internal and external audiences including VMware Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services, and Partner-facing roles as well as Partners and Customers.
The Senior Manager Security Enablement will consult with SBU Leadership to identify desired business outcomes and plan for appropriate enablement interventions while balancing the overall needs and objectives of the WWRACE organization. The Senior Manager Security Enablement will also incorporate audience needs/requirements from Field Leadership by partnering with the Sales, Technical, Partner, Support, and EDU Centers of Excellence (COEs). The Senior Manager Security Enablement will participate in and represent WWRACE in quarterly interlock meetings which include BU and Field Leadership.
The Senior Manager Security Enablement is also responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing enablement activities to help improve the performance, productivity, and expertise of individuals in the SBU Sales and Technical Specialist roles. The Senior Manager Security Enablement will consult with WW SBU Specialist Leadership and the SBU to craft enablement plans for global SBU Specialist organizations encompassing product training and solution skills that help achieve their goals for the company and their customers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Enablement, Sales, Technical Sales or Pre-sales Engineering and will exhibit excellent listening and communication skills to uncover the needs of the stakeholders and the communities they manage. In addition, the ideal candidate will have strong Project Management, analysis, and communication skills. They should be able to work with a larger team to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion.
Job Roles And Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with Networking and Security Business Unit Leadership at VMware to identify desired business outcomes, translating those requirements into enablement and training curricula for our Field, Partners, and Customers.
- Work with Field Leadership through the RACE COEs to understand audience objectives and enablement needs, modifying BU plans as appropriate.
- Build relationships with Field SBU Sales and Technical Specialist Leadership at VMware to understand the current and future enablement needs for global SBU Sales and Technical Specialist Roles (individual contributor and management).
- Work with the SBU Specialist Leadership to understand SBU Sales and Technical Specialist objectives and develop specific enablement plans that allow for growth and alignment to the overall strategy.
- Lead virtual teams to ensure timely access to complete, new and updated courses, workshops, and other enablement programs.
- Drive product and solutions enablement curricula to cover employee life cycle from new hire introduction and onboarding to continuing education, working with our Global Onboarding Director and team.
- Identify key operational metrics and track performance of organization against strategic and tactical objectives and remove enablement roadblocks to success.
- Establish specific enablement critical metric dashboards to measure impact on business and assess business performance relative to targets.
- Utilize appropriate technologies, tools and systems to deliver information and resources at the right time and place.
- Implement quarterly training effectiveness performance reviews with key stakeholders.
- Conduct training and communications surveys and analyze against business metrics.
- Attending business review meetings (such as QBRs) to understand issues.
- This role functions as part of the Enablement Business Partner Center of Excellence and requires close teamwork with key partners across all segments to understand and address key business issues/problems. You will also work with Worldwide Readiness and Customer Education (WWRACE) extended teams (Sales COE, Technical COE, Operations, Content, Delivery) teams to lead execution of Global programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT/Technical or business discipline (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
- 5+ years of Technical Sales or Pre-sales Engineering experience in Enterprise Software Industry.
- History of success in leading training initiatives, product launch initiatives, leadership development, curriculum design, and training evaluation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete those projects on time while effectively demonstrating the ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment.
- Strong social skills and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Executive presence is a fundamental requirement, with capability to present clear and concise business plans with confidence to all levels of management; ability to command an audience.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Enablement
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.