• 4+ years of experience in management consulting, strategic partnerships development or international program management
• You might be a fit if you’ve previously:
- Successfully launched a product or service in an international market
- Lead an international program from inception to launch
- Closed complex strategic partnerships at a global level
• Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, including comfort with basic modeling
• Detail oriented and excitement about diving deep. No Ego
• Ability to operate and thrive in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
• Self starter with the ability to operate autonomously at the highest levels
• Comfortable working with a globally distributed team
• International experience and languages are a plus
About the job
Hopper, the most downloaded mobile travel app in North America, just announced $170M in new funding led by Capital One. The company plans to cement its leading position in the leisure travel space in the United States and export its model to multiple international markets in the next 24 months.
Within that context, one of the key objectives of the Flights Marketplace in 2021 is to set the stage for Hopper’s international expansion by opening up, end to end, air travel agency operations in multiple international markets.
This position is unique in that it will live at the intersection of strategy, business development and program management. You will be responsible for the entire air agency internationalization process. From developing strategy to execution - with a strong bias for execution. It is also a rare opportunity to have an outsize impact in the company from the get go, in a nascent function with ample room for professional growth.
- Working closely with the Head of Global Supply Strategy, develop and own the international agency expansion strategic framework and roadmap.
- Develop, maintain and improve key documentation and models including the international expansion playbook and market sizing and selection tool.
- Execute on GTM strategies tailored by region, by understanding and capitalizing on unique market conditions, dynamics and opportunities.
- Dive deep into issues for operations, supply, compliance and other areas to enable launch of air operations in new countries.
- Direct and manage the international agency expansion program timeline. Set the project milestones, prioritize multiple moving pieces, define cross-functional dependencies, anticipate risks and solve bottlenecks.
- Develop strong internal relationships and work cross-functionally with Air Supply, Engineering, Operations, Finance and Corporate Development.
- Leverage a wide network of internal and external resources to ensure on-time completion and deliver desired business results.
- Identify potential agency acquisition opportunities, and successfully execute small scale M&A transactions with the support of the Corporate Development team.
- Identify opportunities with prospective strategic partners globally and own the partner acquisition cycle from first contact to close.
- Successfully establish and nourish relationships with key entities like IATA and local tourism authorities.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.