PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning.
We are a company of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. Our world class team is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact. Our office is located in the heart of Fenway. PathAI was recently voted one of BBJ's Best Places to Work!
Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy and Development is a newly-established position that reports to the Chief Business Officer, and works closely with other members of the Business Development and Finance teams. This person also will work regularly with leaders of PathAI’s technology, scientific, legal and regulatory teams to explore and assess high-potential strategic opportunities.
The key objective of the role is to explore and develop new corporate strategies (e.g., products, markets, customers) and/or potential alliances/acquisitions needed to realize PathAI’s vision of advancing medicine through the development and distribution of AI-powered pathology for more accurate, standardized and predictive diagnostics and insights. This person will hold primary responsibility for rigorously assessing high-potential corporate strategies or development opportunities by developing their business case, assessing key operational or other success factors, building pro-forma financial models and driving leadership team exploration sessions.
- Lead enterprise strategy assessment and refinement, developing the organization’s business strategies focused on delivering medium and long-term value for PathAI
- Analyze new potential business areas, markets and customers - and drive leadership brainstorming sessions, market assessment, developing business plans, and tactical execution plan working closely with leadership team
- Analyze potential strategic partnerships, alliances and/or acquisitions and drive leadership brainstorming sessions, market assessment, developing business plans, and tactical execution plan working closely with leadership team
- Support future capital-raising activities and prioritization of potential investments/use of proceeds, working closely with Finance team
- On a targeted basis, support Business Development team’s go-to-market efforts, evaluating new business/pricing models and identifying new opportunities
Specific qualifications include:
- Strategic thinker who possesses strong business judgement and the ability to identify and evaluate risk and opportunity at the commercial, development and regulatory levels
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics -- and willingness to play a wide variety of roles
- Strong moral compass and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to quickly build trust-based relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Experience defining commercial and go-to-market strategies and/or creating strategic partnerships for life sciences or healthcare products
- In-depth knowledge of the market for diagnostic technologies in healthcare
- Four or more years of life sciences, healthcare or other relevant professional work experience
- Consulting experience from a top firm a plus
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.