Senior Manager, Business Operations, Enterprise
The Senior Manager, Business Operations - Enterprise will define, implement, and optimize the operations for TripAdvisor’s Enterprise Hotels sales organization. This is a newly defined role to work closely with a new global enterprise sales organization. The successful candidate will fundamentally change how TripAdvisor partners with the largest hotel and travel brands in the world, and help drive increased B2B revenue growth and a more partner-centric approach.
The role reports to the Director, Business Operations and works closely with stakeholders in Sales, Product, Marketing, and Operations.
What You’ll Do
- Define and evangelize a vision for world-class enterprise (key account) Business Operations - and then implement your vision to grow revenue faster.
- Work closely with TripAdvisor sales and operations leaders to build the operational foundation for TripAdvisor’s enterprise sales effort.
- Work closely with peers in the Business Operations organization to adapt and translate existing business processes for enterprise sales: forecasting and pipeline management; sales territory design and analysis; incentive design and sales programs.
- Build TripAdvisor’s Deal Pursuit function to optimize how we evaluate, propose, and win opportunities with strategic Hotel and Travel industry partners.
- Establish evaluation criteria, profitability and pricing models, and approval frameworks for TripAdvisor partnerships with hotel brands of all sizes and locations
- Make pricing and discount recommendations based on site inventory, product / targeting mix, and product performance - across TripAdvisor’s suite of subscription and click-based products
- Recommend short and long-term inventory and product strategy to Senior Management
- Establish strong and measurable deal approval workflows, and partner with systems and engineering teams to implement technology to support these workflows
- Establish yourself as a strategic partner with Enterprise sales leadership
- Become a trusted advisor to the leaders of Enterprise sales (VP- and Director-level), becoming their source for proactive, data-driven insights about business health, trajectory, and opportunities
- Tackle projects as needed to make Enterprise sales measurably more productive
- Develop strong rapport and credibility as an influential voice in decisions about our Enterprise sales strategy
What you bring to the team
The Senior Manager, Business Operations is creative, analytical, and detail-oriented. He or she will be a positive and solution-oriented partner for stakeholders across the Hotel business unit. The ideal candidate may have exposure to enterprise sales operations in a technology or media setting, or relevant experience in a similar role.
- 10-12 years’ professional experience; MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Analytical orientation: Educational and/or deep professional background in quantitative analysis – expert in asking the right questions, and answering them with data; and communicating business insights to executives; experience with enterprise technology or media sales (as a practitioner or a consultant) would be a plus, but not a requirement
- Forward thinking: An instinct to look around corners and plan several steps ahead, while identifying and mitigating risks before they stall your initiatives
- Process focus: A deep understanding of the value of process, balanced by a deep distaste for bureaucracy; you can operate with startup instincts within a $1B+ global organization