Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Senior Director, Link for Key Accounts U.S. Strategy requires a deep understanding of and experience with U.S. pharmaceutical commercial and medical processes and technologies, in the area of key account management. You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva and will be responsible for the market strategy for Veeva Link for Key Accounts in the U.S. market including defining and shaping the market and understanding customer unmet needs. You will work closely with our customers, Product Management, and Engineering teams to close and deliverearly adopter projects in 2021 and ensure a successful launch in 2022. As the business matures you will be responsible for identifying and executing key commercial deals in partnership with sales and managing key client projects and relationships. You will be the go-to expert for Link for Key Accounts, and Veeva thought leadership for key account management. You will maintain a public presence for the business at industry events and conferences, ensure the continued rapid growth of our market share, and work with the global marketing leader to prepare marketing collateral and externally facing messaging.
What You'll Do
- Define the U.S. go-to-market strategy for Veeva Link for Key Accounts, and oversee its execution
- Advise our Product Management team on market dynamics and evolving customer needs
- Identify and onboard early adopter customers, ensuring their success, creating strong references for the business
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to ensure relevant marketing messaging and the success of our sales organization as it scales
- Provide thought leadership to the market, speaking at conferences and authoring thought leadership articles
- 15+ years of experience in professional services/consulting with Pharmaceutical commercial, medical affairs, or market access functions, particularly in key account management and engagement
- 5+ years of direct experience with key account management as a professional services/consulting Account Executive or Key Account Manager
- Strong network across the Pharmaceutical industry, particularly in Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Market Access
- Strong track record translating customer needs into product innovation and solutions
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel extensively for customer meetings and internal events in the future
- Based in Philadelphia, New Jersey, NYC, or Boston
Nice to Have
- Experience leading commercial or go-to-market transformations
- Experience with specialty pharmaceuticals and a general understanding of oncology and the treatment pathways
- Experience working as a key account manager or for a software development company
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health and wellness programs
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.