Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is seeking a highly-analytical and quantitative, impact-oriented individual to join our Sales Operations team, focused on our SMB business. The role will serve as a core member of our Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy and Operations function and will primarily focus on business insights modeling, operational excellence, and Sales partnership to enable Sales leadership to make effective, data-driven, strategic operating decisions to optimize sales performance.
The Senior Associate will work cross-functionally with the GTM SMB Leadership team. The role will entail developing operations, crafting strategy, analyzing business performance, and improving efficiency through automation to identify short and long-term business growth opportunities.
About the Sales Ops Team: We are a collaborative team that takes our work seriously and has fun doing it! The success of the Sales Operations team directly impacts the revenue streams of the company. As such, this role is an opportunity to join us at a groundbreaking moment and truly make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career defining opportunity.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop a deep understanding of our business and sales process, and support our Sales teams to achieve their goals
- Drive operational excellence for our GTM teams through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry) to derive insights that will drive business decisions
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers and provide data-driven recommendations to leadership
- Project manage the development of centralized tools that teams can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner
- Establish and refine rhythm of business analyses and weekly reporting cadence for cross-functional leadership
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Tech-savvy and intellectually curious with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong Microsoft Excel/Google suite analytical skills
- Extreme attention to detail and meticulous organization skills
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work closely with our Business Systems team to improve Salesforce workflows
- Strong data visualization skills and the ability to work with our Data Insights team to help with building and scoping of dashboards
- A team player, ready to roll up your sleeves and partner across the organization to get things done
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Looker
- Previous Startup experience
- A passion for the restaurant industry
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.