Security Analyst - T1 at Cybereason
Do you live and breathe cyber security? Need to work on important problems? Cybereason has an opportunity for you!
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort. We're expanding our security services and looking for curious, diligent, technical people to help us build out Global Security Operations Center. As member of this elite team you'll be working closely with some of the best minds in incident response, malware analysis and security research, partnering with the highly skilled defense teams of our customers, and against some of the most advanced adversaries out there.
You will experience and investigate attacks that no one else has seen before.
We value creativity, ingenuity, and persistence in conducting investigations primarily in the Cybereason defense platform. We’re a diverse global team with operations in Boston, Tel Aviv, Tokyo and building a team in EMEA. We conduct plenty of malware reverse engineering, security research, speaking engagements, data analysis, and threat hunting. The Ability to step into the mind of an attacker is a must and being able to predict their next move even more so.
Your day to day will include:
- Participating in various stages of incident investigations
- Engaging in customer facing interactions at all levels from SOC analysts to security executives
- Creating tools and automation to make common tasks more efficient
- Creating / documenting various Security Operations processes
- Providing feedback and ideas to improve Cybereason’s products
On your first day, we'll expect you to be / have:
- 1+ years of experience working in cyber security
- A clear passion and enthusiastic about cyber security
- Experience with a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Motivation to constantly improve processes and methodologies
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to dive deep into a problem to provide outcomes for customers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently as well collaborate within the team
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Solid foundation in: networking, basic cryptography, OS internals such as Windows / Linux / Mac, web basics etc.
- Experience in a CIRT/SOC environment
- Practical experience with threat actor tactical, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Experience with at least one low-level architecture such as ARM, X86, MIPS, etc.
- Experience with threat hunting and threat modeling
- Experience with IT Security tools (e.g., Kali Linux, IDA Pro, Sandbox technology)
- Experience in the offensive arts (attack & penetration tests, CTFs, exploit development, etc.)
More about our team
We want diverse skill sets and wicked smart people so we can learn from each other and solve interesting / difficult problems. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. You will be working closely with the security engineering team, research and development team, innovation team – all passionate / smart groups dedicated to improving our product and extending the reach and expertise of our security services organization. We work both independently and collaboratively with the common goal of achieving excellence and never being satisfied with mediocrity.
More about Cybereason
Cybereason is seriously disrupting the cybersecurity industry. Our enterprise endpoint protection and response platform is considered the most powerful product of its kind, leveraging machine learning and cutting edge predictive analytics. Cybereason secures the most critical assets of some of the world’s most important brands as well as many Fortune 100 and 500 leaders around the globe.
We are rewriting the rules on how organizations protect themselves against rapidly evolving adversaries. Today’s threat environment requires understanding the adversary and attack landscape. Since our start in 2012, our technology has stopped the world’s most advanced cyber-attacks and we harbor even greater ambitions.