SaaS Systems Administrator at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
This position will work within the Information Security team to secure Toast’s information assets and infrastructure. The right candidate will bring their expertise in technology and security and apply it in a rapidly growing environment. We’re looking for someone who has a solid systems administration background, is versed in tool automation, API integration, and has a firm belief that “if you had to do it more than once, you should have automated it.” Over time as automation increases, this position will take on security analyst duties. If you’re looking to transition from a senior level systems role to one that takes on more security responsibility, this is the position for you.
What you will do:
- Administer EDR systems.
- Assist in administering MDM systems.
- Integrate EDR and MDM systems with other platforms.
- Automate the operations, alerts, and other functions of EDR and MDM systems.
- Assist in tuning and managing SIEM and IDS systems.
- Assist with forensic analysis of malicious software/activity within the organization.
- Assist in developing secure configuration standards and patch management procedures.
- Promote a culture of security best practices within the organization.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exhibit accountability, adaptability, helpfulness, and focus.
- Solid experience in administration and automation of EDR, MDM, SIEM, and/or IDS platforms.
- Solid experience with general information security concepts, and frameworks such as NIST-CSF and CIS Top 20.
- Experience with API integrations, especially with EDR, MDM, SIEM, and/or IDS platforms.
- Experience with managing data analytics dashboards.
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting and shell scripting.
- Experience with high SaaS application environments.
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, including configuration, security, monitoring, etc.
- Knowledge of general network infrastructure concepts.
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: ‘zero-trust’ VPNs and networks, digital forensics procedures, security auditing procedures.