SmartBear’s RFP Specialist role will support the collection and execution of RFP responses as part of our solutions team. The RFP Specialist will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the RFP response process, including working with various internal teams in the creation of high-quality, timely responses to RFPs, RFIs, security questionnaires, and other data requests. They will ensure the RFP data library is reviewed regularly for accuracy and pre-emptively work to fill any data coverage gaps across the SmartBear portfolio of tools.
- Manage all aspects of the RFP response process: working with various internal teams to develop strategic, well-written responses to RFPs and security questionnaires.
- Support the process for responding to RFP requests; including importing received documents, matching existing library answers, and assigning response creation when new content is required.
- Build strong cooperative relationships with other internal departments and leads, such as Product Owners, Legal, Solutions Engineering, Operations, etc.
- Track and analyze company-wide RFP activity, including workloads, timelines, and outcomes.
- Proof-read responses and library entries to ensure they are well-written and accurate.
- Identify and implement opportunities to increase library coverage and RFP response process efficiency.
- Manage the response timeline, including the exporting and formatting of responses based on received RFP guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trusted relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Research and analytical skills to translate existing library content into accurate and relevant responses.
- Understanding of various software sales and licensing models, including SaaS, perpetual, floating, etc.
- Working knowledge of IT security and networking terminology.
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- 2+ years of experience in a software related or technical role
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and SharePoint for managing and sharing large, complex documents.
- Bachelor’s degree
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: http://smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.