Product Support Specialist at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
Panorama’s Product Support team provides technical support to all Panorama users. We connect educators, students, families, staff and community members to valuable resources and provide fast, accurate answers to their questions about our product. This will be a remote position.
We are seeking a Product Support Manager to help provide technical support and guidance to the thousands of users who are on our platform every day. Our users are educators, families and students; sensitivity to their questions and technical capabilities is a must. We also preserve confidentiality with ironclad integrity. No detail or question is too small.
- Accurately and thoroughly resolve user questions and requests that are received via email and occasionally phone in a timely manner; this requires expertly navigating our product and sleuthing for client details to ensure responses include proper context
- Serve as the primary technical contact for our clients using our self-service platform to answer questions about the platform, troubleshoot challenges, and provide customizations
- Be motivated to hit our target response times (every conversation started within two hours of a request) and other performance metrics
- Partner with Product Support and Client Success colleagues to identify and escalate mid- and high- complexity questions and requests
- See patterns in user support requests that suggest an opportunity for product or process improvement
- Monitor the support desk outside of regular business hours on a rotating schedule to serve as the first line of defense for urgent issues identified
- Connect users with resources, offerings, and tools to help them understand best practices and meet their goals with the data they collect through Panorama’s online platform
- Identify when a client would benefit from new resources and work with the larger Panorama team to create those resources (for example, revised onboarding resources or a new FAQ)
- Become an expert on our product; use expertise not only to guide and support our users but to coach and teach teammates who are learning the product as well
- Provide excellent technical support for our Survey Operations team.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience helping people successfully navigate online tools and products via email
- Experience communicating clearly and concisely through email without typos
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks and projects throughout the course of a day
- Experience making decisions independently with little oversight
- Experience with learning new technologies
- Experience making data driven process improvements
- Not required, but a plus if you have K-12 education experience which would allow you to deeply understand the environments our users are in and the needs they might have
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.