Practice Architect - Microsoft Dynamics 365 at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our Microsoft Business
A Gold-Certified award-winning partner and one of just a handful of National Solution Providers, we are known as a cloud expert – but that’s only one piece of who we are. We architect, design, and implement industry-focused, integrated solutions leveraging the Microsoft technologies across a variety of industries and practice areas.
We are a leader in implementing Microsoft solutions and have taken more than 5 million users to the Microsoft Cloud. Our focus is in all three Microsoft clouds: Modern Workplace (M365), Azure and Dynamics.
Perficient is uniquely positioned as a Microsoft partner with a diverse set of other (non-Microsoft) partnerships supporting the vision of heterogeneous software and solutions running in the Microsoft cloud. Our breadth and depth in tech-agnostic disciplines such as Adoption and Change Management is also a key differentiator.
Perficient is the place for the best Microsoft-focused experts.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Practice Architect in our Microsoft Dynamics practice. The role will have national focus but the ideal candidate will be located within close proximity of Irvine (CA), Chicago (IL), or Atlanta (GA).
This Architect role will provide a great opportunity for an experienced Dynamics expert to engage in both delivery and sales support for Dynamics work and to grow the practice. Initially this will be a “player-coach” role responsible for Dynamics engagements and ultimately, growing the practice. The primary focus will be with Dynamics 365 via it’s Customer Engagement, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Marketing capabilities. Experience with other Dynamics offerings is a plus but Customer Engagement and Marketing experience is a hard requirement.
You may or may not have a programming background, but will have expert Dynamics architecture, client presentation, team management and thought leadership skills. You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will be responsible for ensuring high quality deliverables across Dynamics engagements.
You will have an opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs. You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading-edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains.
- Educate and support the sales team in driving revenue for the Dynamics practice.
- Coordinate with the resourcing and leadership teams for staffing Dynamics projects.
- Define standards, share best-practice, identify patterns for reuse, and promote knowledge sharing for the Dynamics practice.
- Plan for marketing and growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate competency of the practice through internal (Perficient colleagues) and external (clients and partners) thought leadership. This may include authoring SME-focused collateral (e.g. whitepapers), blogging, participating in social media, speaking at conferences, attending networking events, etc.
- Define go-to-market strategy for solutions within the practice area and collaborate with Perficient marketing to drive lead generation and brand awareness.
- Define the skills required by consultants to effectively deliver solutions covered by the practice area. Work with group leadership to inventory these skills in the colleague population, and support skill development planning.
- Actively work to attract and recruit talent to the group. Participate in the interviewing and hiring process, including the college hiring program.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional services company or agency.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics Customer Engagement, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Dynamics 365 Marketing, Dynamics 365 Sales, and Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Proficient in custom integrations with leading CMS and commerce platforms and Dynamics 365 including data flows, custom code, and custom processes
- Hands-on experience with integrating Dynamics 365 with the Microsoft Common Data Service and Common Data Model
- Thorough understanding of integration of Power Platform, Power Automate, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, and Azure Web Jobs
- Experience in gathering requirements, defining user journeys, and developing detailed campaigns that align with business requirements and engage with users
- Experience in defining, developing, and refining user engagement including data elements, email campaigns, email look and feel & compatibility across devices, and overall user engagement tracking and insights
- Experience in integrating text messaging solutions with Dynamics 365 (i.e. Twilio or similar)
- Experience in Dynamics 365 Customer Insights is a plus.
- Proven track-record of full-lifecycle enterprise implementations of Dynamics.
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel (nationally).
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certification in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices
- Track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.