ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We are looking for an experienced HRBP to partner with our Tech leaders to support the growth and development of everyone in the entire department. If you are skilled at building relationships, translating tech priorities into people practices, coaching leaders through a DEI lens, and are excited to co-create a high performing team in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you! This position will report to the Director of People and Culture (HR).
What you'll do:
- Partner with the Technology departments to provide strategic people support, including (but not limited to) people matters, performance management, employee engagement, talent reviews, organizational design, and organizational change/optimization.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of people practices, standards, ezCater programs and guidelines.
- Provide training and development to managers and supervisors on guidelines, practices, leadership skills and communication.
- Assist in the delivery and administration of training programs for talent development.
- Support the execution and continuous improvement of the new hire & onboarding processes.
- Partner with the People team on various activities including onboarding, transfers, promotions, separations, retirements, people matters, disability, FMLA, etc.
- Conduct employee stay and exit interviews.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Influence best practices to increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Partner with our People Team to collaborate, grow and celebrate.
- 3-5 years of increasing responsibility as an HRBP, supporting a technology department (Engineering, Product, Development, Research, IT).
- Ability to communicate effectively to Engineering leadership.
- HR SME with an ability to anticipate needs and strategically respond to people or structural issues in a collaborative and timely fashion.
- A Growth Mindset and understanding of how to apply the principles in everything you do.
- A thorough understanding of how to lead through a diverse, equitable and inclusive lens.
- Successfully engaged in courageous conversations, while maintaining integrity and rapport.
- Owned or co-owned the performance management process for a department.
- The agility to pivot in an ever changing environment, while “keeping it lite” and laughing along the way.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks with exceptional organization, follow through, and people skills.
- Demonstrated strength in building relationships both internally and externally, with a diverse group of employees at all levels.
- Experience independently managing complex employee relations/situations (people matters)
- Experience partnering with senior leaders to create organizational change, including creating a change plan and communications.
- An eagerness and willingness to give and receive feedback, because we all love learning from each other.
Starting Salary Range: $72,000 - $91,000
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.