Operations Coordinator at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
We are looking for a motivated team member who genuinely enjoys excelling in the world of internal employee customer service. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build work experience in customer service and/or operations, or for an individual who wants to learn more about working in a tech start-up environment. We are a friendly, hard-working team that takes pride in helping our colleagues to be as effective as possible. Our ideal candidate will go above and beyond to make sure our team members feel supported in the office, takes pride in getting the details right, works efficiently and effectively, and is solutions-oriented. As a member of our Operations team, you will help lead day to day office operations, impact our culture via company-wide events, and be the first team member candidates and visitors speak with when they arrive at our office. As one of the most visible team members in the company, you’ll develop meaningful partnerships with colleagues on all Panorama teams, and be a valued team member of a mission-driven technology company at an exciting time in its history.
- Assists with company-wide events and celebrations (food, beverage and supply orders, coordination, furniture setup, decorating and other details) as needed
- Greets visitors and interview candidates at the front desk
- Responds to internal tickets for supply requests and loaner equipment
- Coordinates building needs with landlord staff
- Ensures conference rooms and other office spaces are tidy and stocked with necessary supplies
- Manages inventory of office supplies, technology accessories, groceries, and snacks as well as all associated vendors (e.g., ordering, unpacking, organizing and monitoring inventory)
- Organizes workstations for incoming new employees
- Helps set up for company-wide meetings, including technology and furniture
- Contributes to knowledge management efforts (e.g., document what you’ve done so others can follow along)
- Brainstorms and researches new ideas to proactively solve challenges
What We’re Looking For:
- Self-motivated; driven, cares about the quality, presentation, and delivery of the work
- Attention to and care for detail; finds customer service work meaningful and takes pride in efficiency and organization
- Bring positive energy and a sense of humor; you are flexible, dependable and consistent; you proactively follow up and provides updates
- Asks for help when needed; you honor your commitments within the time stated; you enjoy working as part of a team
- Friendly and positive; comfortable with in-person and written communications
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- We value rich work experience over degrees; we encourage all candidates with transferrable skills to apply
- Able to work at our downtown Boston office and arrive by 8:30AM each day
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.