Office Manager at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:10 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
As the office manager, your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. We host customers, partners and board members frequently, and you will be responsible for the guest experience, arranging the space, and providing support as needed.
We’re a start up, so there’s no shortage of ways to pitch in and elevate the employee, candidate and visitor experience at Markforged. We’re looking for someone who truly enjoys helping people, organizing events and spaces, and getting things done.
In this role you will:
- Promotes the professional appearance of Markforged’s office: ensuring it is always tidy and organized, particularly the common spaces and kitchen
- Answer main phone lines, greet guests and visitors, and handle mail, FedEx, and UPS deliveries
- Experience in a manufacturing facility is a plus
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the facility, such as managing building office key cards and resolving any building issues (lights, plumbing, etc.)
- Negotiate the best rates and orders office food and supplies so that we are always fully stocked
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, printer, etc, coordinates with finance (and eventually IT) on all office equipment
- Participates as needed in special department projects
What we are looking for:
- Excited and motivated
- Confident decision maker
- Able to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in computer skills such as G-Suite programs and social platforms
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description