Office Manager & Accounts Payable Support (f/m)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Be part of something bigger
Founded by Stephan Schambach, the NewStore mobile retail platform empowers brands to deliver an extraordinary end-to-end shopping experience for consumers. Built entirely from a mobile perspective, it integrates with existing ecommerce platforms. NewStore raises the omnichannel bar with one-touch purchase, scalable clienteling, and on-demand delivery — all optimized for the small screen. The company is located in Boston, New York, and Berlin. For more information, visit www.newstore.com.
Office Management is a critical function at NewStore. It builds the ideal working environment for NewStore’s employees, customers, and guests.
Follow your passion
Are you a fast learner, can hit the ground running, independent and not afraid to clean the refrigerator and order supplies? As the Office Manager & AP Support, you will be running the day-to-day operations of the US headquarters, including handling all office administration for approx. 40 employees. Managing U.S. operations includes weekly lunch coordination, facilities, IT asset hardware management, coordinating activities with other offices, onboarding new hires, processing payroll and supporting accounting with day-to-day transactional activities such as accounts payable, employee expense reports and travel management (liaison between the travel agent and team members).
You will also closely work together with the German-based office, people and finance teams. Our colleagues believe it is about the people, not just the numbers, and take a responsive and reflective approach to their daily work. You will have the opportunity to work proactively with a timely, self-organized and independent energy.
You’ll be part of a fast-moving organization motivated by collaboration. As part of our team, you can adapt and evolve office processes to improve the value NewStore delivers to employees.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
- You get things done and take ownership. You disrupt current processes and ways of working. You are curious and inquire before assuming. You are open to new ideas, and share your own with candor. You leave your comfort zone. You make mistakes and learn from them, and you share your learnings and information. You disrupt current processes and ways of working. You aren’t complacent. You ask: Did I make it better?
- You put the team’s interest above your own. You monitor and nurture a win-win culture for our team members. You act as a concierge who welcomes clients, guests, and colleagues and makes them feel at home. You facilitate external service providers and vendor to coordinate projects and events. You listen and you propose solutions based on looking at the problem from several different perspectives. You ask: Is this a win-win?
- You understand our business and our people. You know what motivates our teams, and our customers and how to unlock their potential, especially when coordinating with recruitment, benefits, and payroll. You respectfully challenge ideas, even when doing so is uncomfortable. You ensure compromise does not come for the sake of social cohesion. You ask: Did I debate and commit?
- You are attentive to details. You understand it’s the little things at the office that can make a big difference for team members and vendors. You plan ahead, but also plan for the unexpected and can be spontaneous to support new daily priorities. You ask: How can I make it better?
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- BS Degree
- Strong PC skills, include Google Suite and Microsoft office
- Strong personality with excellent organizational, problem-solving, and multitasking skills
- Exhibits a high degree of integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively – capacity to provide pragmatic solutions and have the drive and leadership to implement ideas through to successful completion
- Strong communications, influencing and interpersonal skills necessary for interaction with company leadership and peers across all company functions
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as office administer and/or accounts payable staff
Nice to Have:
- HR, Benefits Administration and Payroll experience
- Accounts Payable experience
- System experience (Paylocity, NetSuite, Expensify)
- Conversational German language
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life & disability coverage
- Personal development budget
- Travel to other offices
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid time off policy
The position is Boston-based.