NOC Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The main aim of the NOC Manager is to oversee a team that manages Toast’s security information management system that protects Toast business and the business of its customers. The NOC team manages the monitoring of vulnerability scanning and the ongoing security audits and compliance that assist in the process of satisfying all the PCI DSS requirements. Managers will work with the Toast Network Engineering team to run Compliance Assessments, working with Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) to complete the Report on Compliance (ROC) and Self-Assessment Questionnaires (SAQ).
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- The NOC Manager’s primary responsibility is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure PCI DSS Compliance of Toast customer's network infrastructure.
- Provides overall expertise with all network operations functions.
- Monitor vulnerability scanning systems, handle escalations, and manage support from different levels.
- Ensure adherence of operational metrics.
- Hire, develop, and retain highly responsive and customer focused engineers to ensure the effective operation of the team
- Manage tools, systems and procedures to ensure dynamic management of issues and customer management.
- Ensures all members of assigned technical teams are effective and fully utilized in order to provide high resource utilization.
- Perform performance objectives and performance reviews with all team members. Evaluates technical skills of the team and ensures there is an appropriate level of expertise and provide procedural training to staff.
- The NOC Manager will work in tandem with the Customer Care Networking team to include remote technical support work related to the overall health and maintenance of customer network environments.
- Ensure continual process improvement and efficiencies within the NOC including but not limited to automation of NOC tasks and reporting, implementation of enterprise-wide monitoring initiatives, and routine administration tasks.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading teams
- Excellent skills in developing processes and procedures for the NOC team
- Excellent oral communication skills, writing and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with Toast Customers in a professional, articulate manner
*Bread puns encouraged but not required