Messaging Security Analyst 1 at Mimecast
Messaging Security ensures that our security-focused solutions are performing accurately and efficiently. We verify that Mimecast can detect the latest email-borne threats amidst a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Through threat research and customer feedback we identify where Mimecast can be improved and update detection at our spam, URL, and attachment security layers. We strive for proactive, rather than reactive, approaches to threat detection.
The team is also responsible for assuring that Mimecast maintains an exceptional sending reputation by looking for compromised email addresses and senders following poor mailing practice.
Messaging Security works closely with research and development, as well as customer support. We are a global team that spans six different countries and five continents.
As a Messaging Security Analyst, day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing email security advice and expertise to our customers and pre-sales team
- Analyzing phishing/malicious email campaigns to identify IOC's
- Categorizing email threats and determining the best means of updating detection
- Understanding security policies within the Mimecast Administration Console and providing configuration suggestions to customers
- Researching and investigating the latest security threats and their potential impact to Mimecast customers
- Identify and remediate email sending abuse
- Working with security vendors around threat detection techniques and remediation
- Identifying opportunities for improved processes and systems
- Working knowledge of messaging (email traffic management) and routing
- Experience and understanding of email security technologies
- Strong Understanding of Domain Name System (DNS)
- Strong Understanding of SMTP, SSL/TLS, POP3, IMAP, TCP/IP
- Ability translate complex technical capabilities into management friendly responses
- Great oral and written communication skills in order to work closely with both office-based and remote team members, as well as customers
- Time management skills and the ability to self-prioritize
- Curiosity about the infrastructure of phishing/malicious email campaigns
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Higher education degree preferred in a security, technical or related field
- Experience working in a Security Operation Center (SOC)
- Experience working with email/malware detection and blocking techniques
- Experience working with threat intelligence platforms
- Programming fundamentals in regex, html, python
- Working within SaaS environments
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.