MAPR Hadoop Admin at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient Data Solutions is looking for an experienced Hadoop Administrator with experience administering MAPR. This the candidate can be located in any well connected city. Perficient is on a mission to help enterprises take advantage of modern data and analytics architectures, tools, and patterns to improve the business operations and better engage customers. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to assist Perficient and its customers to grow the capabilities necessary to improve care through better use of data and information, and in the process take their career to the next level.
The Hadoop System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure to enable Hadoop and analytics on Big Data. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support GIS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Provide end to end vision and hands on experience with MAPR Platforms especially best practices around HIVE and HBASE
- Experience automating common adminstratvie tasks in MAPR (HPE Greenlake)
- Troubleshoot and develop on Hadoop technologies including HDFS, Kafka, Hive, Pig, Flume, HBase, Spark, Impala and Hadoop ETL development T
- Translate, load and present disparate data-sets in multiple formats and from multiple sources including JSON, Avro, text files, Kafka queues, and log data.
- Administration of MAPR – services, security, scalability, configuration and availability and access
- Lead workshops with many teams to define data ingestion, validation, transformation, data engineering, and Data Modeling
- Performance tune HIVE and HBASE jobs
- Design and develop open source platform components using Spark, Sqoop, Java, Oozie, Kafka, Python, and other components is a plus
- Lead capacity planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver complex projects
- Participate and lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
- Contribute to the thought capital through the creation of executive presentations, architecture documents and articulate them to executives through presentations
- 3 Plus years of Hadoop Administration on MAPR
- MAPR/HPE Certification
- Bachelor's degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Four to six years of Linus/Unix system administration experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent, preferred.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.