Manager of IT Support
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We're looking for a top-notch, driven, hands-on Manager of IT Support to lead and mentor our talented IT engineers. You will provide day to day guidance and project management support for our diverse and growing team of support specialists while implementing policy, triaging the ticket queue and increasing our automation and efficiency.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our Boston IT team who support the following:
- Network & unified communications infrastructure
- Identity management
- Enterprise collaboration technology
- Employee endpoints (Mac & PC)
- Service desk ticket queue
- Our SaaS portfolio
- Build out necessary process and functionality to help the team provide exceptional IT service
- Identify repeatable, manual tasks and drive towards an automated solution
- Mentor our talented team, helping them to work through projects and keep pace with our growing organization
- Be hands-on to assist with technical issues or initiatives, when necessary
- Work with managers, across the many business units, to determine the right size solutions for technology needs
- Provision, maintain, and support the equipment and services that our employees use
- Manage projects of various sizes including planning and execution of technology rollouts, migrations, etc
- Take part in business continuity and disaster recovery operations
- Streamline and review existing standard operating procedures for efficiency.
- 3-5 years experience in a customer facing IT management role
- Experience managing a team who supports the internal network
- Experience managing unified communications infrastructure
- Outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve user issues
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to re-prioritize issues when the situation calls for it
- Pride in your work with a passion for helping others while maintaining composure
- Personality traits like innovation, a sense of responsibility, trustworthiness, respect, friendliness, dependability and flexibility
- Experience growing and mentoring a team
- Experience working with or implementing corporate technology and security policies
- Proficiency with troubleshooting all Windows and OSX Operating systems
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.