Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
The manager of Global Freight Procurement will work closely with the Senior Global Mile Logistics Manager to oversee all Ocean, Rail, and Air transport, as well as, lead contract strategy, and negotiations.
- Complete ownership of freight forwarder tendering process and contract management.
- Responsible for the qualification, selection and contracting of inbound transportation which support our worldwide operations organization.
- Complete ownership of freight forwarder tendering process and contract management to ensure freight is delivered on time and cost effective
- Maintaining effective and proactive relationships with service providers to ensure support of existing and new operational requirements.
- Experience negotiating with 3rd parties
- Responsible for all import and export shipment duties
- Supervisory of a team in regards to freight management, procurement, and contract negotiations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in purchasing, supply chain, logistics, engineering, etc.
- 5-7+ years of overall experience within supply chain managing logistics
- Experience with high volume procurement and freight management across multiple forms of transportation and consolidations
- Prior contract negotiation both domestically and internationally
- Experience and understanding of logistics and transportation modes (i.e.: ocean imports, 3PL, FTL, LTL, Rail, Airfreight, Parcel), flow of goods in supply chain (i.e.: transload, Cross Dock flows).
- Extremely organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in a fast pace environment
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.