Manager, Customer Support Engineering at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
The Manager of Customer Success Engineering will lead a team of technical product experts to expand on the vision of the Global Customer Support team to deliver a world class customer experience. The Manager will be responsible for the growth and development of your team, driving efficiency, and acting as an escalation point for major issues (resolving them as they arise), and helping to develop the strategies necessary to reach Klaviyo’s goals.
The position reports to the Senior Manager of Customer Support and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company, especially the engineering org. This team works on the most technical and challenging customer escalations, driving resolutions through code analysis and troubleshooting, bug reproduction and filing, API investigation, and so on. This leader will be focussed on ensuring KPIs and SLAs are achieved, individual goals are attained, growing the careers of each team member, and helping to shape the future of the Support organization.
How you'll make a difference:
- Drive value for customers by ensuring the team is solving complex technical challenges.
- Oversee workforce distribution to ensure optimal customer coverage and team balance.
- Provide career development and support to direct reports, composed of Support Engineers.
- Operationalize and drive efficiencies through improving processes and documents for the team and organization.
- Continuously provide input to scale and improve internal processes as well as all customer support offerings.
- Motivate and inspire team members to instill a positive and inclusive team culture. Lead by example with being humble and open-minded, operating with high integrity, and being open to feedback.
- Provide continuous feedback to educate team members and peers, and foster a strong learning environment.
- Work cross functionally with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals.
- Work with Support and Engineering Leadership and other peers for strategy development and execution planning.
- Evaluate customer satisfaction to develop and implement plans for continuous improvement and excellent support interactions.
- Establish operational objectives through proactive identification of key areas of opportunity - keeping the customer journey at the center of all ideas. Maintain a customer first mindset.
- Analyze issues and problem solve in an objective and scalable way.
- Triage customer escalations and jump in to help customers and the team whenever necessary.
Who You Are and The Skills You Bring:
- Passionate about creative problem solving for customers and internal teams.
- Strong leader dedicated to helping your team and peers develop their careers.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities and occasional ambiguity.
- Analytical and driven to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets.
- Excellent, clear communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal - able to facilitate and lead meetings and presentations.
- 3-5+ years of experience in an engineering related role at a SaaS company.
- 2-3+ years of experience managing or leading teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Python, Ruby, or another backend programming language.
- Experience working directly with external customers and/or clients via email, chat, phone, or video.
- Ability to plan for, train, and up-skill team members and peers on an ongoing basis.
- Not required, but very cool: experience with e-commerce or email and SMS marketing.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.