M&A Lead Solutions Architect (remote / home office / work at hom e eligible) at Humana Studio_h
The M&A Lead Solutions Architect works with Humana's technology organization and our internal user groups to solve Integration initiatives with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals. The Lead Solutions Architect works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Merger & Acquisition Lead Solutions Architect translates Integration needs of the business into technical solutions. Integrates hardware, software and network interfaces to form a system. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
The M&A Lead Solutions Architect will provide technology guidance on aspects of IT Infrastructure, Cloud, Application, and Security with regards to Human's integration efforts of acquired entities. This position is a direct report to the AVP, IT M&A, and will work closely with senior executives, corporate development teams, IMO, acquired company representatives, and internal cross-functional IT teams in evaluating potential target companies and in the development and implementation of technology integration plans.
This role is expected to assess and articulate the technology footprint of potential targets and to support Integration leaders in solution definition, planning, and implementation. She/He will work with Humana's IT organization to define the integration path as it relates to technology migration and implementation. They will participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploration of solution alternatives for Integration activity, enable the continuous delivery pipeline through appropriate design guidelines and investment advocacy and define subsystems and their interfaces, as well as allocate responsibilities to subsystems, understand solution deployment, and communicate requirements for interactions with solution context. The M&A Lead Solutions Architect will work with customers, stakeholders, and suppliers to establish high-level solution intent, and the solution intent information models and documentation requirements. She/he will establish critical NFRs for the solution and participate in the definition of others Operate within an economic framework when analyzing the impact of design decisions. Work with stakeholders, notably the Enterprise Architect, to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabler epics. Define, explore, and support the implementation of enablers to evolve solution intent, working directly with Agile teams to implement them. Support technology/engineering aspects of program and solutions.
IT Due Diligence
• Assist in performing IT due diligence on all Humana’s growth opportunities and identify the potential technology risks and opportunity concerning the technical environment by analyzing and assessing target companies.
• Assist in developing an IT integration model for the technology functions based on the proposed deal structure and IT integration hypothesis.
• Develop a conceptual understanding of how the target company’s technology assets would be integrated with Humana based on the proposed deal structure and integration hypothesis.
• Develop a standard risk-based approach/methodology for the technology environment that can be employed to assess the target companies.
IT Integration Planning and Execution
• Support and facilitate the IT infrastructure and IT security/cybersecurity assessment process.
• Develop an initial understanding of potential IT integration gaps, barriers, risks, and challenges concerning IT infrastructure and IT security by collaborating with IT infrastructure and IT security teams.
• Develop IT integration plans (short, mid, and long-term) to support M&A objectives by collaborating with IT infrastructure and IT security teams.
• Drive day-to-day execution of the IT integration process, including mentoring cross-functional IT teams, managing weekly IT integration team meetings, and driving proactive issue resolution.
• Proactively identify and mitigate in-project or downstream risks by actively working with IMO, business and IT teams to identify solutions to solve business or technical issues that arise during execution.
• Manage effective communications to all stakeholders during the planning and execution phases.
• Support in the remediation of risks (IOPs/P9s), gaps or issues identified during the vendor cybersecurity risk assessment that exceeds the risk tolerance of the company
• Identify and mitigate risks associated with cloud technology through partnerships, reinforced by Cyber Security and Disaster Recovery
IT Integration Process
• Contribute (share learnings, process modifications, etc.) towards enhancing IT integration best practices and IT integration playbook designed to achieve the strategic and operational results of Humana’s M&A efforts.
• Be a change agent by communicating and motivating key constituents from Humana and the target company on the M&A intent and value.
• Drive the IT integration steering committee and governance process, where senior executives and stakeholders from IT have an opportunity to review post-acquisition status, provide inputs on IT integration goals and objectives, approve the allocation of resources, etc.
• Knowledge of rapidly scaling technology/software business (specific to Healthcare).
• Knowledge of SDLC practices (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, DevOps, DevSecOps, DataOps), Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), IT infrastructure (Networks – WAN, SAN, Circuit, Serves, etc.) and IT security (Physical, Cybersecurity, Security Frameworks - SABSA, etc.).
• Knowledge of HIPAA Security and HIPAA Privacy regulations and requirements, HITRUST, Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards, GLBA and NIST cybersecurity standards.
• Knowledge of Data Center/Hosting/Distributed network environment.
• Knowledge of network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
• Experience in general management or functional leadership roles.
• Experience with network integration for M&As
• Results oriented and process centric mindset, looking for opportunities to improve IT M&A processes based on learning (research) and implementation experiences.
• Deep expertise with project management and business analysis approaches, including discovery, scoping, planning, and leading project reviews, requirement analysis among business partners, and IT stakeholders.
• Knowledge of end-to-end corporate development activities (M&A, Divestiture, JV, Minority Investments, etc.)
• Demonstrated the ability to facilitate complex and time-sensitive decisions.
• Have an empathetic approach to acquisitions, recognizing the impact on associates and placing a premium on the associate sentiments and experience.
• Establishes trust and rapport by building effective, sustainable relationships while driving accountability for shared results.
• Bachelors or graduate degree in Computer Science, or related field.
• Strong inclination to business operations and strategy with an ability to envision how technology can further respective IT and business objectives.
• Build trusted and effective relationships working with project managers to ensure they deliver on-time, on-budget, on benefit, and on-quality (and intervening to resolve issues as required).
• Builds relationships among different groups within and outside the department while serving as a liaison.
• Build collaborative relationships across delivery teams and technology partners.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of project delivery processes and guidelines.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve the problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
• Plan: Determine strategies to move projects forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.