Lead, Supply Chain Sustainability & Responsible Sourcing at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:41 a.m. (EST) on Friday, December 3, 2021
Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
As a Lead, Supply Chain Sustainability & Responsible Sourcing you will be leading and supporting greenhouse gas emissions reporting and sustainability. Also, you will drive Responsible Sourcing activities with relevant stakeholders. This position reports to our Manager, Supply Chain Sustainability and Responsible Sourcing and will manage project teams on a variety of assignments including materiality assessments, benchmarking, corporate reporting and disclosure preparation, performance reporting, data management, and strategy development. Assignments may also include supporting other aspects of sustainability.
- Lead Responsible Sourcing Risk Assessment protocol into broader Product Development and Due Diligence processes.
- Lead Responsible Sourcing Corrective and Preventative Action Program
- Assist in Green House Gas (GHG) emissions data collection and reporting.
- Manage Climate Pledge Friendly Certification process
- Actively participate in the New Product Launch (NPL) process from product concept through commercialization.
- Collaborate seamlessly with various external and internal stakeholders including Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Quality Assurance, Legal Compliance, Product Launch Brand Management Teams, Service Providers, and regulatory bodies.
- Support strategic sustainability projects for existing and new products.
- Leverage data: performance indicators, root cause analyses, consumer / marketplace quality signals, and other analyses to establish upstream focus areas.
- Create robust processes with documentation and escalation protocols across supply chain.
- Support the systematic development and presentation of key quality metrics, dashboards, and tools to support continuous improvement.
- Utilize engagement and collaboration to drive quick response times and accurate analysis.
- Timely communications to all global stakeholders for all in-progress sustainability and responsible sourcing.
- Manage special supply chain projects as specified by leadership.
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Materials Science/Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering/Business.
- 2 years of progressive experience in responsible sourcing, sustainability, environmental social and governance (ESG) and sustainable certifications.
- Experience with responsible sourcing and manufacturing in best value countries i.e. China, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, India, Mexico, etc. is preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to interface effectively across the organization.
- Problem-solving capabilities with ability to deliver result.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Demonstrated analytical and reporting skills.
- Project management experience.
- Proven ability to lead and influence business partners and discuss responsible sourcing and sustainability with technical and non-technical partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.