The Lead, Major Incident Manager drives technical support teams to recover services during periods of service disruption or outages to key technology platforms/applications. The Lead, Major Incident Manager works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead Major Incident Manager is responsible for managing and driving the activities related to the Major Incident Management process for Humana’s critical applications and services to resolve unplanned interruptions and restore services as rapidly as possible. To achieve results this will require the direct partnership with other functional teams and the ability to influence multiple levels and areas of the organization. Responsibilities will include 24/7 rotating on-call support for IT Major Incidents. Candidate will also be assessing process gaps and developing plans for mitigation specific to stability within the IT Operations environment. Candidate will establish or refine service delivery processes centered on stability to include areas such as but not limited to: Incident, Change, Problem Management, Operational Readiness, developing metrics and tracking trends to understand key areas of needed focus. Candidate may also assist on IT owned initiatives which may encompass multiple project team members, vendor evaluations and implementation of new technology.
- 24/7 availability, via an on-call rotation schedule and potential on-site presence required during an ongoing incident.
- Facilitate/manage and drive activities related to major incidents (command and control).
- Act as the central communication point for major incidents – all Priority 1 and Priority 2 issues as required.
- Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process.
- Responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of service engagements to improve stability.
- Provide and document input for Root Cause Analysis.
- Perform escalation of representation whenever needed (Business, Technical, Sr. Management)
- Identify key success factors and prioritize work to achieve corporate goals.
- Liaise with various enterprise & operational teams, management and vendors as necessary.
- Establish key business operations relationships, providing an avenue to assess and recommend operational changes and enhancements.
- Recognize and support departmental objectives and drive process methodology that will achieve desired business outcomes.
- Provide strategic direction and ability to influence team members both within and outside of ITSA to achieve desired results.
- Champion corporate awareness of service targets and facilitate cooperation in order to meet those targets.
- Develop trend analysis and response processes and reporting for IT Incident Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in IT
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbal
- Ability and confidence to act with decisiveness on critical decisions
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
- Ability to challenge information if the response does not fit the situation
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of project sponsors and key stakeholders
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Strong presentation skills
- Prior experience with Major Incident delivery – including managing, tracking and reporting remediation of incidents involving enterprise assets.
- ITIL and Six Sigma training or certifications