ITOC Engineer (E-Commerce)
We are seeking a highly motivated ITOC Engineer (E-Commerce) to be part of an exciting team located at our Headquarters in Boston, MA. The ITOC Engineer is a vital role to ensuring a healthy technology environment for our customers. The Chewy ITOC Engineer will be in charge of monitoring the chewy technology environment, troubleshooting service impacting issues, communicating to the business and teams effectively to resolve major incidents, and perform daily operations to ensure company stability. The ITOC team is constantly engaging with the core IT teams to find ways to proactively monitor the environment, and develop skills to handle tier 1 and 2 tasks.
What you'll do:
- Monitor the Chewy enterprise environment in a 24/7/365 operation that is constantly available upon contact, and availability to address alerts and incidents 100% of the time.
- React to alerts by performing Tier 1 and Tier 2 operations depending on the issue.
- E-commerce and Cloud specific skills such as Linux, AWS, Splunk, Datadog a must.
- Perform daily operations of various teams to assist with day to day workload, and prevent future issues.
- Effectively escalate service impacting issues to the correct teams, and collaborate to ensure the issue is resolved as soon as possible. Preliminary troubleshooting before escalating is required.
- Incident Management by analyzing and acting on major incidents according to their severity/priority level. This includes effective communications and documentation of incidents according to the proper procedures.
- Run daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports of our various services to identify trends and prevent future issues.
- Position may require some travel
What you'll need:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience providing technical support directly to users
- AWS experience
- Linux OS experience
- Datadog, Cloudwatch, or other APM tool experience
- At least 3 years of experience in a Network Operation Center in an enterprise environment
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate effectively and to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Superior customer service and client interfacing skills
- E-Commerce platform and support
- Networking experience
- APM experience
- Certification in ITIL
- Experience with incident and problem management